Does the road to Super Bowl LIII in the AFC go through......

Championshiporbust

As of right now it does go through New England. I think the Jags end up with the #1 Seed in the AFC, but let's be honest, if you're going to the Super Bowl from the AFC, you have to beat the Patriots at some point.

16 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I really like Mahomes, but to already put him over Alex Smith is a stretch. Especially after the season Alex just had.

Yes. Alex was the benefactor in Hill who was able to get open by college standards due to his speed and agility and Reids scheme. He was still severely limited by vision and pre snap reads. I think Reid could have plugged in numerous QBs in that offense and achieved similar results. After watching Smith for the last 5 years, I think he is very average....and so do his peers in the NFL apparently. 

Mahomes will make more mistakes but Reids scheme and the weapons around him almost prevent him from failing. 

17 hours ago, iPwn said:

Any reason you are expecting significant regression from the 5th highest scoring team in the NFL last year?

Their running game is obviously legit...If Fourtnette can remain healthy. They have one of the the worst receiving groups in the NFL. Bortles had a better season last year than he did the year before but he's solidly in the bottom half of the league, possibly the bottom 3rd. 

Their offense gets a ton of help from that nasty defense. 

16 minutes ago, emaw1979 said:

Their running game is obviously legit...If Fourtnette can remain healthy. They have one of the the worst receiving groups in the NFL. Bortles had a better season last year than he did the year before but he's solidly in the bottom half of the league, possibly the bottom 3rd. 

Their offense gets a ton of help from that nasty defense. 

So if you still believe that the defense will be the best in the league (as said in your first post), won’t they still be able to give the offense the opportunity to score about as often as they did last year?

My question is more what specifically makes you think that a massive regression will happen? The receivers were bad last year as well; arguably worse given how little Cole played at the early stages of the season, Dede missing 6 games, and Hurns (the only receiver who played last year that we lost) being banged up and ineffective. Fournette missed games and played hurt all year. 

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

So if you still believe that the defense will be the best in the league (as said in your first post), won’t they still be able to give the offense the opportunity to score about as often as they did last year?

My question is more what specifically makes you think that a massive regression will happen? The receivers were bad last year as well; arguably worse given how little Cole played at the early stages of the season, Dede missing 6 games, and Hurns (the only receiver who played last year that we lost) being banged up and ineffective. Fournette missed games and played hurt all year. 

Yeah the Jaguars WR's weren't any better last season. They improved their OL, added a TE that can stretch the field vertically, and got DJ Chark in the draft...a guy that I thought was the 2nd best WR in the class behind Ridley. Chark is going to feast once teams start showing 8 man boxes. I think the Jaguars offense is improved this year. I just wonder if Bortles can play as good as he did last year (not that he was even good last year). If he doesn't take a step forward, they probably aren't a Super Bowl contender.

Do you guys still have Hackett as your OC? I thought he was freaking spectacular last year.

The Jags were running with two UDFA WR’s, a rookie WR and Marqise Lee at one point and Blake was balling out. 

Lee, Moncrief, Cole, Westbrook, Chark and throw in ASJ, is a significant upgrade over what they had last year. I personally believe Cole is the best of the bunch. They love him.

Blake is extremely comfortable in Hackett’s system.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Fify 

25% of their production came against two of the worst offensive lines in the league and their teams didn't have their starting quarterback. Jacksonville got swept by Tennessee.

4 minutes ago, Elky said:

25% of their production came against two of the worst offensive lines in the league and their teams didn't have their starting quarterback. Jacksonville got swept by Tennessee.

You’re knocking them for outscoring the Colts and Texans 131-24? The Titans match up well with the Jags. The Jags best the Steelers twice. Your pick to go to the AFCCG this year. And they blew it against the Pats by being to conservative. 

34 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

You’re knocking them for outscoring the Colts and Texans 131-24? The Titans match up well with the Jags. The Jags best the Steelers twice. Your pick to go to the AFCCG this year. And they blew it against the Pats by being to conservative. 

Beating the Colts and the Texans without Deshaun Watson is like beating up the retarded kid and thinking you're the toughest kid on the playground.

Jacksonville does have good history against Pittsburgh, that's very true. However, I do not think Jacksonville even makes the playoffs.

Archived