When are we getting a receiver?

bigbadbuff23835

Doubt we will. Maybe if someone unexpected is cut they may step in but doesn't seem to be a priority with this off-season. I'd rather us bring in a deep ball threat but I just don't think we will. 

I think Reilly will finally get his shot tho.

I think the rebuild strategy is making a lot of sense. You focus on a number of units per year. Rather than a scatter approach, it's logical and allows you to build units together. They have done the secondary and D line. I fully expect 2019 to be the year of O line and WRs.

Receiver is overrated.  You guys really don't need a receiver other than what you've got.  Teams with great receivers aren't exactly dominating Super Bowl wins lately.  Benjamin isn't much worse than anything the Eagles have.  He isn't much worse than anything the Patriots had the year before, either. 

10 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

I think the rebuild strategy is making a lot of sense. You focus on a number of units per year. Rather than a scatter approach, it's logical and allows you to build units together. They have done the secondary and D line. I fully expect 2019 to be the year of O line and WRs.

I disagree here and believe that's poor drafting logic. You're relying on things that are out of your hands by taking this approach 

On 7/7/2018 at 12:09 PM, Outpost31 said:

Receiver is overrated.  You guys really don't need a receiver other than what you've got.  Teams with great receivers aren't exactly dominating Super Bowl wins lately.  Benjamin isn't much worse than anything the Eagles have.  He isn't much worse than anything the Patriots had the year before, either. 

While true in the sense of number ones those teams have a lot better depth at receiver, tight end, and running back than we do....by far.

• 2 weeks later...

wide receiver is only as good as the qb. Your not going to go out and find someone in free agency that is going to make or break a qb at this point. You go in with what you have and maybe grab someone for depth. I like maclin think he would be a good addition to help out but in no way is he worth a ton of money. That money the bills have could be rolled over for next year to go after the top players in free agency if need be. Aj green, Julio Jones, etc those type of guys werent in this draft and none were available via free agency where the bills could afford them so why go spend the money just to fill a need rather then give a younger guy a shot at this point? I like the UDFA Bama wr think he will be of something.

I do not see them going for groups of positions I just think they were going after players who fit the system McDermott is running and the oline and wr werent in the cards this year as they have been extremely expensive pieces to bring in the last couple of years. I see those 2 positions being of importance in the draft next year now that they found their franchise qb.

I don't like our receivers either but it is what it is at this point.  I'm in the thinking that this is a step back year (Let us figure out the QB position) so I think we get a high pick in the draft next year I see us going with BPA or maybe trading back for teams looking for a QB then draft a WR in late first early 2nd round.  I don't know who is a FA next year at that position but it will be a position of need so will O line.  Hopefully we find our Franchise QB this year either one of the 3 could be the one no one knows.  IMO that is the most important thing we need to do this season.  Then Playoffs next year and hopefully build on that 

On 7/25/2018 at 11:24 AM, soflbillsfan said:

are you the source starting this rumor? who is saying this? Link please

there were some guys on another board saying it and theyve been on the money in the past, it was to be taken with a grain of salt tho

On 7/28/2018 at 12:25 PM, WMDman said:

there were some guys on another board saying it and theyve been on the money in the past, it was to be taken with a grain of salt tho

Gotcha....I dont see him coming to Buffalo as it is not a fit on either side. As for other wr I am not sure anyone out there will make a massive impact as a starter. It seems like Kerley and Kbenji solidified 2 of the 3 starting spots. With Zay, Streeter, Dupre Foster taking the #2 role. I rather see the bills roll that 10-12 mil they have in cap space and roll it over to next year to put them in the 70-80 mil range for cap space and go all in on wr and olineman at that time then spend it on a 1 year deal for a guy like Dez who will be a diva if the ball isnt in his hands

Archived