When are we getting a receiver?

bigbadbuff23835

17 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

And WTF is up with Zay Jones? I thought he'd be a nice slot WR for you guys. Then he had a disappointing year and is now fighting people while not wearing any clothes.

No one really knows what happened with Zay. Last year he dropped a would be game winning TD against the Panthers at the beginning of the season and it seemed to really get in his head. Started to drop everything after that. He started to get better by end of season by Tyrod had zero chemistry with his receivers. Then no one knows what happened during off-season. Sounds like he may have done a drug that was laced with something. But don't know for sure 

McDermott would rather role the dice with young unproven hungry guys like Reilly, Dupre and the conglomerate of UDFA and late picks this year then the old often injured guys like Maclin, Dez, Inman etc.

You know what? I like that approach. Especially for this season. Those old guys aren't going to help us reach the playoffs and one of these young guys could be our next Stevie Johnson or even a splash in the plan like Nelson or Roosevelt was. 

Also I wish Kelvin Benjamin would shut up. He drops a lot a of balls and has an injury history too. Just shut up and earn a big contract this year. Be a leader.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

McDermott would rather role the dice with young unproven hungry guys like Reilly, Dupre and the conglomerate of UDFA and late picks this year then the old often injured guys like Maclin, Dez, Inman etc.

You know what? I like that approach. Especially for this season. Those old guys aren't going to help us reach the playoffs and one of these young guys could be our next Stevie Johnson or even a splash in the plan like Nelson or Roosevelt was. 

Also I wish Kelvin Benjamin would shut up. He drops a lot a of balls and has an injury history too. Just shut up and earn a big contract this year. Be a leader.

Problem is media twists everything around. He made a series of comments during an interview and of course it turned in to him talking sh!t but he really isn't. Hes been always quiet even at FSU which I followed him at. He stays healthy I see him getting 1000+ yd season if the qb actually throws the ball this year.

Just now, Billsfaninptown said:

We just traded for Corey Coleman. Report says we gave up a late round pick. We needed speed on the outside and Coleman fits the bill. He is a health risk, but I think it’s worth the gamble.

Browns fan here. Mixed emotion from the majority of us posters. Apparently he was in the dog house for some time and they liked the rest of the receiving core/Gordon's outlook to report soon (and of course the Dez rumor). He has had two freak injuries thus far--hard to tell if he's made of glass or unlucky at this point. Solid risk by the Bills. He could be a good one for you guys. Good luck with your rookie quarterback and our former first round receiver.

9 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

We just traded for Corey Coleman. Report says we gave up a late round pick. We needed speed on the outside and Coleman fits the bill. He is a health risk, but I think it’s worth the gamble.

Ill take that the bills are projected to have about 12.7 mil once they cut to 53 and by adding coleman he will only be a 1.5 mil cap hit this year and 2 mil next year which isnt guaranteed so low risk high reward. If he pans out the bills will be set on the outside speed position with Kbenji opposite and kerley/ zay in the slot. With guys like holmes dupre and foster/streater playing back up

Well, we knew we needed help at the position, but Corey Coleman has a fairly frequent history of being injured, especially hamstring issues. He's had problems with his hammies in 2014, 2016, 2017, and now in 2018. Hamstring injuries almost always result from poor weight room practices, even more so when they are recurring. An overemphasis on working the quads leads to them being out of balance with the hamstrings. Hamstring curls are not fun or exciting compared to working the quads, so it takes a combination of good self-discipline and an intelligent trainer to ensure the hammies get the work they need to balance with the strength of the athlete's quads. At the NFL level (and frankly coming from Baylor), he should have had access to wise/skilled trainers, which means he most likely lacks the discipline to put in the appropriate balance of lifting in the weight room. Coupled with his recent history of making poor decisions (involvement in an assault and curfew violations while with the Browns last year), I think the veterans in our locker room are going to need to give him a swift kick in the arse. After that, maybe we can try to reduce the number of drops...a problem long before he ever broke his hand.

I understand the gamble, but this feels like a longshot to me. I heard this was a late round pick...hopefully a 6th or 7th. Still, I'd like it to pan out, but it doesn't feel realistic to expect him to be a solid starter opposite KB. As such, I see this as just a bandage to an issue that will have to be addressed next off-season.

7 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Well, we knew we needed help at the position, but Corey Coleman has a fairly frequent history of being injured, especially hamstring issues. He's had problems with his hammies in 2014, 2016, 2017, and now in 2018. Hamstring injuries almost always result from poor weight room practices, even more so when they are recurring. An overemphasis on working the quads leads to them being out of balance with the hamstrings. Hamstring curls are not fun or exciting compared to working the quads, so it takes a combination of good self-discipline and an intelligent trainer to ensure the hammies get the work they need to balance with the strength of the athlete's quads. At the NFL level (and frankly coming from Baylor), he should have had access to wise/skilled trainers, which means he most likely lacks the discipline to put in the appropriate balance of lifting in the weight room. Coupled with his recent history of making poor decisions (involvement in an assault and curfew violations while with the Browns last year), I think the veterans in our locker room are going to need to give him a swift kick in the arse. After that, maybe we can try to reduce the number of drops...a problem long before he ever broke his hand.

I understand the gamble, but this feels like a longshot to me. I heard this was a late round pick...hopefully a 6th or 7th. Still, I'd like it to pan out, but it doesn't feel realistic to expect him to be a solid starter opposite KB. As such, I see this as just a bandage to an issue that will have to be addressed next off-season.

He didn't miss any playing time for the 2 years in the nfl he had hamstring soreness which was grade 1 which isn't bad at all. Its the hand that was the issue breaking it both years. We aren't sure if he has a hamstring issue this year because it popped up yesterday which the browns were in the process of trading him so they probably had him sit out until the trade was finalized to prevent any issues. We will see during his physical today. Not saying that it is the same thing but we did trade for Hughes and it worked out for the bills hopefully this trade does the same thing.

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It really is amazing how the Browns have tried every single approach possible to fixing their team and yet every FO seems like they make the same exact trades and draft picks lol.

To be fair bills have done the same thing in similar manner. Thats the huge issue i have with the bills on why they went so long with a playoff drought because every GM and HC that come in the door every 2-3 years they like to change the player personnel so every pick the previous regime has had they want to move on from and bring in their own guys. This leaves fans in a vicious cycle as the team has solid pieces but never put it together cause they are moving on from players every 2-3 years rather then building around those guys.

This is what I do not get Dorsey dumping Coleman makes zero sense. Saving 1.5 mil this year and next is nothing in the scheme of things. Whether he is injured or not you do not cut ties with guys 2 years in to the NFL they never have time to grow just look at Nelson Algholar he has proven to be a commodity after a lousy start to his career. Some are saying its a culture change cause he was causing issues but not once did we hear about it. However you allow Josh Gordon a constant side show since coming to the NFL to be there, then drafting Calloway who was suspended from uf in 2016 for sexual assault and 2017 for credit fraud. trading for landry who is clean off the field but has had several heated issues while being on the dolphins including punching a teammate in the locker room isnt something you want. On top of that there are talks of bringing in Dez one of the biggest divas in the NFL and on the decline. Something has to be up in order for coleman to be dumped for absolutely pennies. 

Archived