Sign in to follow this  
bigbadbuff23835

When are we getting a receiver?

I’m getting super frustrated at the thought of going into the season with a corp of KB, Zay, and Jeremy Kerley. I guess it’s better than what we had going into last year (not saying much) but we need another receiver...

Doubt we will. Maybe if someone unexpected is cut they may step in but doesn't seem to be a priority with this off-season. I'd rather us bring in a deep ball threat but I just don't think we will. 

I think Reilly will finally get his shot tho.

I think the rebuild strategy is making a lot of sense. You focus on a number of units per year. Rather than a scatter approach, it's logical and allows you to build units together. They have done the secondary and D line. I fully expect 2019 to be the year of O line and WRs.

Receiver is overrated.  You guys really don't need a receiver other than what you've got.  Teams with great receivers aren't exactly dominating Super Bowl wins lately.  Benjamin isn't much worse than anything the Eagles have.  He isn't much worse than anything the Patriots had the year before, either. 

10 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

I think the rebuild strategy is making a lot of sense. You focus on a number of units per year. Rather than a scatter approach, it's logical and allows you to build units together. They have done the secondary and D line. I fully expect 2019 to be the year of O line and WRs.

I disagree here and believe that's poor drafting logic. You're relying on things that are out of your hands by taking this approach 

On 7/7/2018 at 12:09 PM, Outpost31 said:

Receiver is overrated.  You guys really don't need a receiver other than what you've got.  Teams with great receivers aren't exactly dominating Super Bowl wins lately.  Benjamin isn't much worse than anything the Eagles have.  He isn't much worse than anything the Patriots had the year before, either. 

While true in the sense of number ones those teams have a lot better depth at receiver, tight end, and running back than we do....by far.