2019 Non-QB Skill Players

AlNFL19

2018 Non-QB Skill Players  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which non-quarterback skill player are you looking forward to seeing the most?

• Bryce Love, RB, Stanford
    • Damien Harris, RB, Alabama
    • L.J. Scott, RB, Michigan State
    • Rodney Anderson, RB, Oklahoma
    • Mike Weber, RB, Ohio State
    • A.J. Brown, WR, Mississippi
    • Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
    • Ahmmon Richards, WR, Miami
    • Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
    • Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
    • David Sills V, WR, West Virginia
    • N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State
    • Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
    • Other (Please Specify Below)

Which skill players in the 2019 NFL Draft are you most looking forward to seeing?

I'm looking forward to seeing Alabama RB Damien Harris' senior season. I think a good season should solidify him as a top-2-round pick and maybe the best RB in the class.

In terms of this list, Bryce Love all the way, to me he has the most talent and upside of any player on this list.  Kid basically played on one leg late last season yet still ran for well over 2000 yards.  Could have easily sat out the bowl game and or went to the NFL because of injury concerns in the future, yet came back for his senior year.  Played in a very limited offense last year, expect it to be better this year potentially with more big play ability in the passing game which could open up things even more for Love.  He is a great kid, great teammate, great leader, is super tough, quick and very fast.  Really interested to see how he does this year and for whatever reason some people do not view him as an elite player and I think he is.    Sure he is on the small side and injury issues long term might be of a concern, but on the field kid is a great competitor and when fully healthy think of what he could do, could be a lot considering most of the second half of last year he was injured and missed a full game because of it and probably could have missed more.  Hopefully he can show that this up coming year closer to 100% healthy.

23 hours ago, Ozzy said:

In terms of this list, Bryce Love all the way, to me he has the most talent and upside of any player on this list.  Kid basically played on one leg late last season yet still ran for well over 2000 yards.  Could have easily sat out the bowl game and or went to the NFL because of injury concerns in the future, yet came back for his senior year.  Played in a very limited offense last year, expect it to be better this year potentially with more big play ability in the passing game which could open up things even more for Love.  He is a great kid, great teammate, great leader, is super tough, quick and very fast.  Really interested to see how he does this year and for whatever reason some people do not view him as an elite player and I think he is.    Sure he is on the small side and injury issues long term might be of a concern, but on the field kid is a great competitor and when fully healthy think of what he could do, could be a lot considering most of the second half of last year he was injured and missed a full game because of it and probably could have missed more.  Hopefully he can show that this up coming year closer to 100% healthy.

I think he's gonna be underwhelming if he goes in the 1st or 2nd round. I think his speed is overrated. While he is fast, he's not some type of Jahvid Best/Chris Johnson player that can make up for his lack of size all that easily. He's shifty and willing to run between the tackles which will allow him to be a successful player in the NFL, but I don't see him as a game breaker. I love his mentality, but he isn't nearly as talented as most are making him out to be. He's a small I-formation tailback. Not many of those exist.

Is JK Dobbins eligible in this draft? Because if he is, I'm picking him.

Off of that terrible list to choose from (not your fault, it's just a bad class), I'm picking N'Keal Harry right now.

This 2019 draft class sucks unless you need a linebacker or a defensive lineman.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think he's gonna be underwhelming if he goes in the 1st or 2nd round. I think his speed is overrated. While he is fast, he's not some type of Jahvid Best/Chris Johnson player that can make up for his lack of size all that easily. He's shifty and willing to run between the tackles which will allow him to be a successful player in the NFL, but I don't see him as a game breaker. I love his mentality, but he isn't nearly as talented as most are making him out to be. He's a small I-formation tailback. Not many of those exist.

Hard to overrate speed when he still runs with the toughness he showed last season.  He won USA Track & Field's Youth Athlete of the Year award in 2009 with his 10.73 100 meter time that is still a national record for Boys in the 13-14 age group.  Also ran a 4.30 40 in high school, doubt those numbers have fallen off that much while he has been in college.  

http://www.usatf.org/statistics/records/view.asp?division=american&location=outdoor track %26 field&age=youth&sport=TF

I think the ideal for him would be a Jamaal Charles type player and he was obviously not a huge back either, and not so sure it would not be out of the question to see Love put on 10-15 pounds potentially and be more in the mold of Melvin Gordon or Alvin Kamara, better able to take a pounding.  Versatile back who can catch passes and make plays inbetween the tackles yet still run with game breaking speed if it opens up.  Even small less talented backs like Chris Thompson have had success, as has Theo Riddick and Ameer Abdullah when healthy.  But yeah if one wants a Todd Gurley type Love is not that guy who will physically run you over and still have big time speed, but could be a special back. 

But Love is fast as hell just like the likes of Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles.  As for Jahvid Best, Best did not turn out because of injuries and was never as productive as Love was this past season, and assuming he builds off that year potentially if fully healthy.  Will be interesting what happens, but kid has guts and could be better than Christian McCaffrey was and that says a lot, not as good of a pass catcher/return man type but better as a true runner arguably.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Off of that terrible list to choose from (not your fault, it's just a bad class), I'm picking N'Keal Harry right now.

This 2019 draft class sucks unless you need a linebacker or a defensive lineman.

I agree about the 2019 draft but honestly is nice for a change to have a draft where the QB position is all anyone talks about, but even with a sub par group of QBs that will still be one of the only positions people talk about.  

N'Keal Harry is probably the best with the ball in the air and getting catches in coverage with defenders right on him, has great hands and body control but I do question his speed a lot.  A guy like AJ Brown is probably stronger and is faster than Harry with more run after the catch ability, Harry has not shown a ton of that just yet.  Great hands though no question, just does he have the speed needed.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Hard to overrate speed when he still runs with the toughness he showed last season.  He won USA Track & Field's Youth Athlete of the Year award in 2009 with his 10.73 100 meter time that is still a national record for Boys in the 13-14 age group.  Also ran a 4.30 40 in high school, doubt those numbers have fallen off that much while he has been in college.  

http://www.usatf.org/statistics/records/view.asp?division=american&location=outdoor track %26 field&age=youth&sport=TF

I think the ideal for him would be a Jamaal Charles type player and he was obviously not a huge back either, and not so sure it would not be out of the question to see Love put on 10-15 pounds potentially and be more in the mold of Melvin Gordon or Alvin Kamara, better able to take a pounding.  Versatile back who can catch passes and make plays inbetween the tackles yet still run with game breaking speed if it opens up.  Even small less talented backs like Chris Thompson have had success, as has Theo Riddick and Ameer Abdullah when healthy.  But yeah if one wants a Todd Gurley type Love is not that guy who will physically run you over and still have big time speed, but could be a special back. 

But Love is fast as hell just like the likes of Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles.  As for Jahvid Best, Best did not turn out because of injuries and was never as productive as Love was this past season, and assuming he builds off that year potentially if fully healthy.  Will be interesting what happens, but kid has guts and could be better than Christian McCaffrey was and that says a lot, not as good of a pass catcher/return man type but better as a true runner arguably.

I agree about the 2019 draft but honestly is nice for a change to have a draft where the QB position is all anyone talks about, but even with a sub par group of QBs that will still be one of the only positions people talk about.  

N'Keal Harry is probably the best with the ball in the air and getting catches in coverage with defenders right on him, has great hands and body control but I do question his speed a lot.  A guy like AJ Brown is probably stronger and is faster than Harry with more run after the catch ability, Harry has not shown a ton of that just yet.  Great hands though no question, just does he have the speed needed.  

I currently have the lone vote for A.J. Brown.

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Not even the CB class? Greedy Williams, DeAndre Baker, Lavert Hill & Byron Murphy seem to stick out real well.

59 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Not even the CB class? Greedy Williams, DeAndre Baker, Lavert Hill & Byron Murphy seem to stick out real well.

Could add AJ Green to that list and used to be Jack Jones but not anymore with his current situation.  Still Greedy has to show up this year again, amazing last year but needs to prove it more this season and DeAndre Baker was great also last year but will see if he can keep that level of play up.  Overall though not a super deep CB class but maybe that could change.  Looking at guys ranked under the top 5, the 6-12 it gets pretty weak fast, at least off what they did last year.

2 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Levonta Taylor’s name will swirl, but the underrated guy to me is Julian Love.

14 minutes ago, Shylo3716 said:

Levonta Taylor’s name will swirl, but the underrated guy to me is Julian Love.

I agree, he is up there especially off what he showed late last year but he has to be way more consistent, others would be Michael Jackson, Iman Marshall, Essang Bassey and Kendall Sheffield but none are super elite and all would have a long ways to go to get there.  

As for AJ Brown, I like him and have him the #1 WR right now, but is a little question mark in that offense.  All big WRs do well, Lodge and Jefferson produced a lot and Metcalf is physically a freak show as well and could be a star.  Hard to deal with in how they just all go down field and attack, opens things up for everyone spreading them out with legit 3-4 wide.  But with Treadwell and his lack of success in the NFL, might be a system thing will see.  

Laquon Treadwell, Donte Moncrief, Cody Core, Quincy Adeboyejo and Damore'ea Stringfellow none have really had great success out of that Ole Miss system, the most being Moncrief but he has kind of tailed off.  Evan Engram is the only successful one but he plays TE and it was only one year.   And played for a big time losing team with no weapons to throw because of injury to so he got the ball a ton and they were in some lop sided stat skewing ball games. 

Be interesting how Brown does this year, was impressive he kept doing well once Patterson was out at QB and a much less talented QB was passing the ball yet he was still productive and had some fine games.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I agree, he is up there especially off what he showed late last year but he has to be way more consistent, others would be Michael Jackson, Iman Marshall, Essang Bassey and Kendall Sheffield but none are super elite and all would have a long ways to go to get there.  

As for AJ Brown, I like him and have him the #1 WR right now, but is a little question mark in that offense.  All big WRs do well, Lodge and Jefferson produced a lot and Metcalf is physically a freak show as well and could be a star.  Hard to deal with in how they just all go down field and attack, opens things up for everyone spreading them out with legit 3-4 wide.  But with Treadwell and his lack of success in the NFL, might be a system thing will see.  

Laquon Treadwell, Donte Moncrief, Cody Core, Quincy Adeboyejo and Damore'ea Stringfellow none have really had great success out of that Ole Miss system, the most being Moncrief but he has kind of tailed off.  Evan Engram is the only successful one but he plays TE and it was only one year.   And played for a big time losing team with no weapons to throw because of injury to so he got the ball a ton and they were in some lop sided stat skewing ball games. 

Be interesting how Brown does this year, was impressive he kept doing well once Patterson was out at QB and a much less talented QB was passing the ball yet he was still productive and had some fine games.  

Brown strikes me as another Hakeem Nicks in comparisons to on-field play.

6 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

I need to do more work on the CB's for next year, but I'm not overly impressed with the class, ESPECIALLY in comparison to the past two drafts, which were extremely deep at the position.

Archived