World Cup Quarter Final 3 - Sweden vs England (Saturday 7th July)

drd23

29 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Denmark and Russia dealt with them fairly easily. 

True but you’re completely ignoring the styles of play they went up against. Those two teams sat back and tried to restrict their space. England have guys in their midfield who aren’t nearly as disciplined and the spaces should be there for them. England will try go toe to toe with Croatia rather than sit back and restrict their space. England can’t afford to overload the penalty area when they have the ball. It will be an interesting game. Should be by far their biggest test so far. 

7 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Croatia has had a tough time dealing with regrouped, defensive squad for many years. That's why they went out in the Euro 16 and why they finished second to Iceland in qualifying. Denmark and Russia fit that profile.

I think England fits a little bit better their style of play. Obviously, England is also more talented that those squads as well. It's going to be an interesting game for sure, worthy of a WC semifinal.

England hasn't really been tested yet. The best team they faced (excluding Belgium B squad obviously) was probably Colombia, and they were underwhelming. That semi is going to provide us with a lot of answers I believe.

I agree.  But I think Croatia has been overrated this tournament due to "destroying" Argentina.  That was a close game until they were gifted a goal and then made the scoreline flattering right at the end when the Argentina team literally quit defending.  Not to mention, Argentina was brutal the entire tournament.

England has gathered a lot of confidence, but has yet to prove how good they actually are.  They've had by far the easiest path to get to the final.  Came out of the easiest group, played a Colombia team which sucks without James, and then Sweden.

I'm definitely not touching that game for betting.  I think England will win, but far too uncertain.

Archived