Eligible Practice Squad players

MrCincinnati

Training Camp is only a few weeks away and I'm in the process of my biggest write up ever on the state of the Bengals entire roster. Before I can release anything though, I need your guys help on something. Which players on this roster are eligible for the practice squad? I know the basic requirements of who "might" be eligible for the practice squad, but I'm not 100 percent sure this list is correct. I just need your guys feedback on what is correct about this list and whats not. Are any of the players I listed not actually qualified for the practice and am I missing any that are eligible? This will "not" include any rookies though, since we already know all rookies qualify for the practice squad. Thank you

The List:

EDITED - Any Players I underlined were in my update.

QB: Jeff Driskel
RB's: Tra Carson, Brian Hill, Jarveon Williams
WR: Kermit Whitfield, Cody Core, Alex Erickson
TE: Mason Schreck, Cethan Carter
OT: Kent Perkins, Justin Murray, Javarius Leamon
OG: Christian Westerman, Alex Redmond
DT: Josh Tupoh, Andrew Billings
LB: Brandon Bell, Hardy Nickerson
CB: Tony McRae, Sojourn Shelton, Keivarae Russell
S: Brandon Wilson
K: Johnathan Brown

Note: Did not include Mortiz Bohringer because of the new NFL rule that NFL teams can include an extra player on there practice squad if they are part of the NFL International Player Pathway Program, so therefore Bohringer is a lock.

Another Note: After this recent update thanks to INBengal, all the 2nd and 3rd year players (as well as some 4th year players) on this team that "didn't hit some accured seasons" would automatically qualify as well, but I will not include any players that I consider to be a roster lock. The following players would include Joe Mixon, Tyler Boyd, John Ross, Josh Malone, CJ Uzomah, Cedric Ogbuehi, Jordan Willis, Ryan Glasgow, Nick Vigil, Carl Lawson, Jordan Evans, Clayton Fejedelem, and William Jackson. Any other players I didn't mention already played too many games, or hit free agency too many times.

Here's the rules:

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);

Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 46-man active roster for no more than 8 games;

Each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of 4 Practice Squad players who have earned no more than 2 accrued seasons of free agency credit;

If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

A player has served one season on the practice squad if he is on the practice squad for at least 6 games. The rule previously required 3 games on the practice squad roster.

So is Nickerson eligible?

5 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Here's the rules:

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);

Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 46-man active roster for no more than 8 games;

Each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of 4 Practice Squad players who have earned no more than 2 accrued seasons of free agency credit;

If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

A player has served one season on the practice squad if he is on the practice squad for at least 6 games. The rule previously required 3 games on the practice squad roster.

So is Nickerson eligible?

I kind of knew the basic rules, but I had trouble understanding the whole 2 accrued seasons can still get you on the practice squad, yet it said no accrued seasons of more than 6 or 8 games depending on if its your first year or not. Because Nickerson played 14 games in his "only" season, I thought he was not qualified. Then you mentioned players with no more than "2 accured seasons", which changes everything for me. Time to do an update then.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived