Will Andrew Luck ever win a Super Bowl championship with the Indianapolis Colts?

Championshiporbust

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The defense needs a complete overhaul

There are only 5 guys left from the (Grigson era) 2016 defense. 6 if you count the long snapper who switched from LB prior to last season.

I can honestly say that Mattias Farley is the only true lock to make the roster. Hassan Ridgeway, TJ Green, Chris Milton and Antonio Morrison are going to be fighting to make the roster. 

Ballard drafted 3 defenders in the first 3 rounds of 2017 and 3 defenders in the 2nd round in 2018 

On 7/8/2018 at 3:11 PM, Championshiporbust said:

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck is expected to return strong after a 3-year absence with an injury in 2018. With a new head coach, Frank Reich, can the Indianapolis Colts win a Super Bowl championship in the very future? 

Is he expected to return strong? Is he even throwing real NFL-sized footballs yet? I still think his defense needs alot of work and he is talented enough to make it interesting but this is an odd question for someone that hasn't played a meaningful game in so long

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:16 AM, john305 said:

No he's starting to be the Derrick Rose of the NFL.

This would actually be a very good comparison if the Colts had managed to assemble a championship level supporting cast around Luck like the Bulls did with Rose

I can't see it happening.  If he can stay healthy, he's one of the best.  However I don't see the Colts ever putting a group around him worthy of SB aspirations.  As much as this is a QB driven league, they cannot do it all. 

Never say never but you'd basically 4 things to happen for them to win a title within the next decade. 

1. Irsay's family takes over running the colts so he can't run the team into the ground.

2. Ballard somehow magically assembles a competent roster within 2-3 years.

3. The coach he hired doesn't suck.

4. Andrew Luck doesn't suck/returns to form through the magic of "NFL approved substances" 

I'd say the odds of all 4 happening are about as likely as the browns winning a superbowl this decade. 

The answer is yes. We live in a world now where people want instant results. It took MJ awhile to win a title. It took LeBron awhile to win a title. That’s in the NBA where one or two players can change a team instantly. In the NFL it takes more than just one or two players. It took Peyton awhile to win. 

It’s not a Luck problem it’s a generational problem because again this generation is impatient. If you don’t win now or succeed now you are a bust and the longer it goes the worst it looks. It takes time and not everyone can win right out of the gates. Give Luck more time and again I think he will win one. 

On 7/10/2018 at 10:06 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

There are only 5 guys left from the (Grigson era) 2016 defense. 6 if you count the long snapper who switched from LB prior to last season.

I can honestly say that Mattias Farley is the only true lock to make the roster. Hassan Ridgeway, TJ Green, Chris Milton and Antonio Morrison are going to be fighting to make the roster. 

Ballard drafted 3 defenders in the first 3 rounds of 2017 and 3 defenders in the 2nd round in 2018 

They have "overhauled" the defense, but it still doesn't mean they've replaced the old bad players with good young ones. I still don't like the look of that defense outside of maybe 1-2 players. It felt like they reached a lot in this last draft to fill holes on their putrid defense. And again, their cornerback situation is easily the worst in the NFL...the worst group I can think of EVER off the top of my head right now.

23 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

They have "overhauled" the defense, but it still doesn't mean they've replaced the old bad players with good young ones. I still don't like the look of that defense outside of maybe 1-2 players. It felt like they reached a lot in this last draft to fill holes on their putrid defense. And again, their cornerback situation is easily the worst in the NFL...the worst group I can think of EVER off the top of my head right now.

Don’t refrain from giving us more hyperbole. I live off this. 

Archived