Most overrated player on your team?

patriotsheatyan

Hm. I'm only guessing as to what the national perception of LB Brandon Marshall (...on the field...) is like, but probably him. He was great in 2014-15 but the past two years has been oft injured and lost a step in coverage. He's really an average starter at this point. 

I'd say it is the next player we trade (Corey Coleman). Glad to get the value we did for him and our late round pick can probably do a better job anyway. PFF and pro-bowls mean nothing, I watched him play and we're better off with his backup.

Patriots is Trey Flowers, Stephone Gilmore, or Julian Edelman. No wait, those players are all pretty good but not as overrated still as Marcus Cannon. I think Stephen Gostkowski is overrated and Devin McCourty is a little overrated too.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

the unit is exposed in a bad way

You thought I was gonna go dirty but I'm not. If a unit is exposed, wouldn't it always be in a bad way? I never hear anyone say "our secondary shut down the opposing team, our secondary was really exposed"

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Malcolm Jenkins, great leader, only slightly above average safety.

Couldn't disagree more. Given his versatility and what he is asked to do all over the secondary from virtually every position. If anything he's underrated IMO.

Eagles don't sniff a SB without his play last season when everyone went down here and there throughout the secondary.

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

You thought I was gonna go dirty but I'm not. If a unit is exposed, wouldn't it always be in a bad way? I never hear anyone say "our secondary shut down the opposing team, our secondary was really exposed"

*shrug* Um, sure.

Too early in the morning to think. 

Joe Flacco for the Ravens if he doesn't stay healthy and plays like he did the first half of the 2017 season.

Otherwise either Jefferson at safety or Jimmy Smith might take that price. Jefferson vastly underperformed in his first year of a big contract, while Jimmy Smith has difficulties staying on the field.

Archived