Most overrated player on your team?

patriotsheatyan

4 minutes ago, 4thDownHailMary said:

It's gotta be Leonard Fournette. Media gives him a lot of love but I don't agree, some of his big runs got him a lot of attention, but I wouldn't even count the 90 yd one vs Pitt. 

Mostly just slowly ran into our guards it seemed. 

Because our guards sucked and defenses loaded the box to stop Leonard?

11 hours ago, Danand said:

Joe Flacco for the Ravens if he doesn't stay healthy and plays like he did the first half of the 2017 season.

Otherwise either Jefferson at safety or Jimmy Smith might take that price. Jefferson vastly underperformed in his first year of a big contract, while Jimmy Smith has difficulties staying on the field.

I honestly don't think there is some overwhelming number of people stanning for Flacco as elite or top-notch, so this one is sort of a bad fit IMO.

My first thought was Jefferson as well.  Jimmy is a decent one, more so because of availability (rather than ability) as you mentioned.

Ravens are tough as they seem to largely be flying under the radar.  Not many big predictions for them and their players aren't winding up on lists like Top-100 or various breakout player lists (the type that come on NFLAM or similar shows).

Weddle may be one.  It seems weird to say so many secondary players as the team led the league in picks last season, but I think Weddle's turnovers were largely driven by other players (pass rushers and corners).

8 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

It's probably still Joe Flacco. People still believe that in his 10th year as a pro, we're going to "finally see what Flacco looks like" or something along those lines.

Eh.  I don't think that makes him "overrated."  This is a belief/thought among some Ravens fans, rather than some widespread belief.  Not to go all Chuck Klostermann, but in some ways he may be turning "underrated." 

28 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:
33 minutes ago, 4thDownHailMary said:

It's gotta be Leonard Fournette. Media gives him a lot of love but I don't agree, some of his big runs got him a lot of attention, but I wouldn't even count the 90 yd one vs Pitt. 

Mostly just slowly ran into our guards it seemed. 

Because our guards sucked and defenses loaded the box to stop Leonard?

Now, you'll have to take what I say with a small grain of salt, for you see I have never ever watched the Jacksonville Jaguars play football.  I don't even know for myself that the franchise even exists for certain.  But if I had ever watched the Jaguars, my opinion of Leonard Fournette might go a little something like this. 

I would disagree that Leonard Fournette just slowly ran into the alleged Jaguars guards.... for the first half of the season.  Yeah his offensive line wasn't the greatest, but I don't think that was the main problem.  That ankle injury hypothetically looked like it robbed Fournette of his cutting ability and in the second half of the season he did look like he mostly just slowly ran into the Jaguars guards.  I wish NFL teams could realize that the old canard of your starter is better at 70% than your backup is at 100% just isn't always the case.  Fournette was out for three weeks, but he should have been out longer.  The Jaguars have one of the more capable backup running backs in the league in T.J. Yeldon.  And make no mistake, for most of the season Yeldon was the backup.  Chris Ivory was the Jaguars' change of pace back even though he hypothetically looked like he lost the explosiveness he had in New Orleans and New York. I think they should have waited until Fournette was a little bit further along before bringing him back. 

I don't think Fournette is overrated, but I'm rather concerned that won't last very long.  His ankles don't seem able to handle his weight over the long haul.  I really hope injuries don't rob the NFL of yet another top notch player. 

Probably Kevin Zeitler for the Browns. He was barely average last season and he was the highest paid guard in the NFL (someone may have leapfrogged him this off-season, idk). He's still a good player, but he's been underwhelming based on what I was expecting him to be.

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Eh.  I don't think that makes him "overrated."  This is a belief/thought among some Ravens fans, rather than some widespread belief.  Not to go all Chuck Klostermann, but in some ways he may be turning "underrated." 

Not when his stats say he's a bottom 10 QB and people still think he's above average or something.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Not when his stats say he's a bottom 10 QB and people still think he's above average or something.

Who are these "people?"  If you look at any QB ranking list of late posted around here, he's solidly in the lower half/third of almost every single list.  Some people may think he's underperformed his true talent level of late (myself included), but they certainly aren't attacking these lists by any stretch or arguing it.  

I just don't think he's a particularly good answer to this question given what I see as the general perspective/consensus on his "ratedness."

Archived