Most overrated player on your team?

patriotsheatyan

Kyle Rudolph. Not sure that he's overrated by Vikings fans, but around the NFL there seems to be some love for him. He's a good red zone threat, but he isn't a stretch the defense TE. He's a good blocker and a good red zone threat and probably not easily replaceable, but he's not a top 5 TE in the league, and I could probably find a way to get him around 10 in the top 10.

On 7/11/2018 at 3:45 AM, Shady Slim said:

can't wait for the inevitable twelve pages of unnecessary cam newtown discussion created by a panthers fan posting in a thread about overrated players that'll probably border on racism at some stage

I don't care what race he is, he is an overrated passer. 

13 minutes ago, paraven said:

lamar jackson for sure. Havent seen this much pre season hype for a player since Kyle Boller was on his knees..... 

Who's hyping up LaMar Jackson this season? He might be something to consider next year, more likely in 2020 when Joe Flacco can feasibly be cut.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Who's hyping up LaMar Jackson this season? He might be something to consider next year, more likely in 2020 when Joe Flacco can feasibly be cut.

Maybe. Flacco is a sunk cost, and by most metrics/opinions Flacco is a bottom-10 QB.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:32 AM, cddolphin said:

Here's a great barometer for general perception:

In Madden 19, Luck is rated 87 overall which places him as the 8th best QB (behind Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Ryan, Cam, & Big Ben).

No word yet on his injury rating or throw power.

That's ridiculous, but the way EA does things makes the guys at PFF look like gurus. 

On 7/10/2018 at 10:51 PM, TheVillain112 said:

Not to be that guy but I've been saying this for years about Zeitler.  He's average to above average.  Definitely not worth top guard in the NFL type $.

As for the Bengals, it's Dre Kirkpatrick and it's not close...

Especially given his price tag.

1 hour ago, SammyBradwater said:

Probably Anthony Barr. He's a best capable of splash plays, but he has a habit of disappearing and while generally solid, isn't some top 5 talent that I hear a lot of people say he is.

Think he’s been playing out of position? Would love to see him at OLB for a 3-4 

On 7/9/2018 at 12:50 AM, Shady Slim said:

artie burns has been flagged as a great up and coming corner by football men for three seasons now but all he's been demostratably great at is DPI

I would say if at all he's become underrated.

Here's my list of overrated Steelers after 2017 season:

Vince Williams, Maurkice Pouncey, Eli Rogers, Mike Hilton, Xavier Grimble, Vance McDonal, BJ Finney.

Archived