Most overrated player on your team?

patriotsheatyan

On 7/10/2018 at 12:20 AM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

*eye roll*

Tyrod isn’t good. We were a sinking ship after getting routed by the Saints at home. Took a gamble that didn’t work out. Oh well.

The amount of disdain Bills fans have for Tyrod Taylor is troubling.

Jimmy G hasn't actually proven anything yet. A lot of fans act like he has. But a 5 game stretch is not a sure thing. The film is out on him now. Let's see how he does when defenses start making him make passes he's not as comfortable with. 

I guess he's the easy one, since there aren't too many highly rated players on the 49ers. I guess Jaquiski Tartt would be the runner up. He's flashy, but he takes tons of boneheaded angles. 

On 7/18/2018 at 8:29 AM, pigsooie5 said:

Think he’s been playing out of position? Would love to see him at OLB for a 3-4 

Honestly? Maybe. I think he has the right attributes, but I think his issue is really just effort. Not saying he's Albert Haynesworth or anything, but it just seems like he's out there going through the motions sometimes.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:12 AM, warfelg said:

I would say if at all he's become underrated.

Here's my list of overrated Steelers after 2017 season:

Vince Williams, Maurkice Pouncey, Eli Rogers, Mike Hilton, Xavier Grimble, Vance McDonal, BJ Finney.

Pouncey I agree with.   McDonald and Finney I agree with TO A POINT.

Vince Williams isnt really overrated IMO.    Most Steeler fans dont want to see him starting and most outsiders dont think he is that good.   He is a quality depth player and an average/below average starter....and I think thats how he is largely viewed.

Eli Rogers was underrated if anything.    Steeler fans bashed him pretty often when he made a mistake or couldnt get open, when the fact is, he was actually pretty solid for a depth player.

Hilton....ehh, I think he is viewed as good, and thats what he is.   Nothing overly special. but a pretty good slot corner.

Grimble?   I dont get this one.    Hardly anyone talks about him.    

Among Ravens fans it's easily Joe Flacco. A lot of fans have this blind love for him because of 12,  even though he has been terrible since that legendary run. 

The fact the NFL made a top 5 Ravens of all-time video and they had him in the 4th spot makes me vomit. As a Raven, he is not better than Suggs,  Yanda, J.Lewis or even Ngata. 

15 hours ago, SammyBradwater said:

Honestly? Maybe. I think he has the right attributes, but I think his issue is really just effort. Not saying he's Albert Haynesworth or anything, but it just seems like he's out there going through the motions sometimes.

Yeah it was a genuine question. I think he’s the odd man out in Minnesota. I look at his attributes and can’t help but think he’d be a perfect fit in Vic Fangio 3-4 at OLB

Really hard to pick one for the Seahawks.  I don't think anyone on this team is really that highly thought of outside of Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas and Bobby Wagner.  I think all three of those guys pretty much get their due praise.  I think last year maybe some people would have suggested Michael Bennett or maybe even Richard Sherman, but obviously those two guys aren't on the roster anymore.

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Eli Rogers was underrated if anything.    Steeler fans bashed him pretty often when he made a mistake or couldnt get open, when the fact is, he was actually pretty solid for a depth player.

Agreed.  Rogers looks like a really solid player who should continue to progress.  I like him.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, ShupacTakur said:

Marcus Mariota or Derrick Henry. Both are young and could easily flourish in the new offense, but there's still plenty of question marks surrounding both.   

I agree especially wth Mariota

A few for the Redskins. Both these players are not elite despite what some may think.

Jordan Reed - everyone knows he's always injured. Was a product of Kirk Cousins more than anything.

Josh Norman - Was a product of Carolina's system. If the defensive line doesn't get pressure he has some coverage issues.

Nobody on the Rams. All of our overrated players coincidentally left the team this off-season. ;)

Being serious, I think it's Andrew Whitworth. Don't get me wrong, I love what he brings to the table. He's a leader, he's an awesome teammate, he's exactly what we needed in the locker-room, and he's still a quality LT. However, his age is starting to show. I'd say he was above average to good last year, but he wasn't elite anymore. 

Only one who really counts it probably Deshaun Watson. He's been getting some incredible hype off the back of 7 games he played last year. 

I'm as big a fan as anybody of this kid, but I also believe in the commentator's curse so I hope they don't jinx this kid by building him up to be the next best thing.

Archived