Best Group In Football

Shady Slim

As far as QB depth goes I think you gotta mention the Cardinals 

Sam Bradford

Mike Glennon 

Josh Rosen 

Not super sexy of course but Sam is a guy who’s had a decent career, Glennon has starting experience, and Rosen could end up being very good eventually 

Obviously Wentz and Foles are a much better 1-2 punch than the Cardinals but if we are looking at 3 deep then the Cards have an argument I think 

14 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

As far as QB depth goes I think you gotta mention the Cardinals 

Sam Bradford

Mike Glennon 

Josh Rosen 

Not super sexy of course but Sam is a guy who’s had a decent career, Glennon has starting experience, and Rosen could end up being very good eventually 

Obviously Wentz and Foles are a much better 1-2 punch than the Cardinals but if we are looking at 3 deep then the Cards have an argument I think 

Other teams:

Jets with Darnold/Bridgewater/McCown

Browns with Mayfield/Taylor/Stanton

Packers with Rodgers/Hundley/Kizer

Vikings with Cousins/Sloter/Siemian

Broncos with Keenum/Kelly/Lynch

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Other teams:

Jets with Darnold/Bridgewater/McCown

Browns with Mayfield/Taylor/Stanton

Packers with Rodgers/Hundley/Kizer

Vikings with Cousins/Sloter/Siemian

Broncos with Keenum/Kelly/Lynch

Wentz/Foles/Sudfeld is probably the best, but it's close, (assuming Darnold and Mayfield turn out okay relative to draft location).

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Make of it what you will, but there have been reports coming out of Eagles off season camps that Sudfeld has been the most accurate of the Eagles QBs thus far. 

The Wentz experiment was fun while it lasted, the Sudfeld era has begun. 

Rams DL

People seem to have forgotten just how dominant Suh is.  Maybe it's because he was playing in MIA, idk... but him paired up with Donald is going to be a problem.  Those 2 are maybe the top game wreckers in pro football.  Brockers is no slouch either.

20 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

What about them? U saying top rb trio?

They're worth mentioning.

I'd quickly rank them:

1. Saints - Kamara, Ingram, West?

2. Bengals - Mixon, Bernard, Walton

3. Chiefs - Hunt, Ware, West

4. Browns - Hyde, Johnson, Chubb

5T. Eagles - Ajayi, Sproles, Clement

Patriots - Burkhead, White, Michel

Falcons - Freeman, Coleman, Smith?

Titans - Henry, Lewis, Wadley?

Dallas' offensive line jumps out to me, among others.

LT: Tyron Smith - Arguably the best left tackle in football.

LG: Connor Williams - My top-rated offensive lineman from last year's draft not named Quenton Nelson. I think he's a stud.

C: Travis Frederick - Probably the best center in football.

RG: Zack Martin - Probably the best guard in football.

RT: Cameron Fleming - A decent NFL tackle who was able to play effectively in the Super Bowl against Philadelphia's defensive line

Overall, I think four of these five could be Pro Bowlers, as I see Williams as a guy with that potential and Smith, Frederick, and Martin will easily make the Pro Bowl.

Others of note are the Jaguars CBs (Ramsey-Bouye), Saints RBs (Kamara-Ingram), and Eagles DL (Cox-Graham-Barnett-Bennett-Jernigan-Long-etc.).

Also, the Browns' LB group is actually pretty good. Jamie Collins is a highly athletic linebacker, Joe Schobert is a tackling machine, and Christian Kirksey is maybe a Top-10 NFL LB.

Before the Garoppolo trade, 100% the Patriots quarterback room.

On 7/10/2018 at 11:07 AM, Danger said:

Debatably not even the best in their own division. 

Kelce was the best Center in football last year. Lane Johnson is the best RT in football. Brandon Brooks is playing a top 5 level, but still not the level of Zach Martin the best guard in football. Tyron Smith wasn't himself, we'll have to see if he returns to form. Peters was playing at a Pro Bowl level before blowing out his knee, but Halapoulivaati Vaitai played well in his place. 

I'm going to toss out this stat. In 3 games this post season, the Patriots led the NFL in sacks with 11. Not a single 1 of them came in the Super Bowl against the Eagles.

I think Tyron Smith was just fine. Yes he uncharacteristically wasn't perfect, but it was clear what we were missing when he was out. I don't feel Peters was doing anything profoundly better than Tyron when they were both playing. The difference was Big V playing better than Chaz Green and Byron Bell in the starters absence. Our worst games of the season were without Tyron. The Atlanta fall out comes to mind. 

Zack Martin is Zack Martin. No debates here.

If Kelce was the best center then Frederick is right on his heels. Frederick to Kelce is probably closer than Brooks to Martin. But I'm sure you see it the other way.

At RT: lane Johnson > La'el Collins. Though Collins is only 24 years old and improving. He did well down the stretch and had a commendable performance against Kalil Mack late in the season. Obviously not on Lanes level but I expect a big year from the bruiser. 

Then for the 5th OL, we spent #50 overall on borderline 1st round prospect Connor Williams. 

So all 5 starters, Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, Travis Frederick, La'el Collins, and Connor Williams were either 1st round picks or 1st round prospects. With at least 3 panning out, and fourth looking promising. 

Then we signed the Patriots starting RT Cameron Fleming as a backup. (He's not the one who gave up the Brandon Graham play.) So we have a backup behind our 1st rounders that started the SB last year. Then we signed former 3rd round pick Marcus Martin to backup inside.

It's a pretty damn good unit.

21 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Then we signed the Patriots starting RT Cameron Fleming as a backup. (He's not the one who gave up the Brandon Graham play.) So we have a backup behind our 1st rounders that started the SB last year. 

I mean, starting because of injuries to two other tackles, but...I guess technically?

Archived