• Needs a complete rebuild/they suck
  2. 2. Who plays the most snaps at LT

• Coleman
    • Corbett
    • Harrison
    • Drango
    • Robinson
    • other

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/7/5/17537820/cleveland-browns-training-camp-2018-ol-preview-part-1

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/7/7/17543182/cleveland-browns-training-camp-2018-ol-preview-part-2

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/7/8/17546568/cleveland-browns-training-camp-2018-ol-preview-part-3

Fat people, should they play sports? Yes! as a meat shield for the QB. this thread is previewing the least exciting position group in the NFL the oline. 
There is one gift that olinemen have they can run two direction at once. 

Image result for fattest offensive lineman

Putting that beast aside, in recent year we have had decent-good offensive lines. The corner stone of this group was Joe Thomas. Before we look at our oline, lets salute a legend. 10,363. The Patron Saint of 100 Browns QB's in 11 years.

Image result for thank you gif

Image result for Joe Thomas

Related image

With Joe Thomas gone and the signing of Chris Hubbard it seems like 4 dudes names are written in stone to start on our line.

Joel Bitonio, LG

JC Tretter, C

Kevin Zeitler, RG

Chris hubbard at RT. 

How are ya all feeling about this group?

Replacing Joe Thomas t LT it seems like there is a three way competition, Shon Coleman, Austin Corbett and a long shot Desmond Harrison. Maybe Greg Robinson will be considered if he manages to look different in camp to his previous 3-4 seasons.  
who you got at LT?

Assuming Coleman, corbettm, who else do you have as subs on the line?

Drango? Reiter? Harrison or Robinson?

I'm going to say our OL looks like this:

LT: Coleman/Harrison

LG: Bitonio/Corbett

C: Tretter/Reiter

RG: Zeitler/Drango

RT: Hubbard/Robinson

I think all 3 of Coleman, Harrison, and Corbett look good at LT, but Coleman gets the nod as the guy with the most experience. I'd be fine with any of those three starting to be honest. I don't think we'll need to draft a LT next year actually.

Overall, I expect our OL to be somewhere around #10 in relation to the rest of the league. Above average, but not in the elite category.

21 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'm going to say our OL looks like this:

LT: Coleman/Harrison

LG: Bitonio/Corbett

C: Tretter/Reiter

RG: Zeitler/Drango

RT: Hubbard/Robinson

Agreed, Coleman’s gonna win it imo.

I think all 3 of Coleman, Harrison, and Corbett look good at LT, but Coleman gets the nod as the guy with the most experience. I'd be fine with any of those three starting to be honest. I don't think we'll need to draft a LT next year actually.

Same, I think the need is overblown right now tbh.

Overall, I expect our OL to be somewhere around #10 in relation to the rest of the league. Above average, but not in the elite category.

You’re on a roll here.

An elite OL is great and all, but not necessary to win games.  All you need to win is a competent OL, which I believe this is.

On 7/9/2018 at 6:42 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it’s good enough to not be a reason we lose games.

Our interior is very solid and our tackles are capable.

Im higher on Coleman than most though.

Count me in that club too LGB.

• Shon was a stud LT at Auburn in the SEC West - a division that is basically the minor leagues of the NFL.
  • Shon overcame leukemia (IIRC) to become a world class athlete
  • Shon was still recovering from ACL surgery his rookie season, hence IR for the year. Basically a pro redshirt year.
  • Shon switched positions to RT and started all 16 games in 2017 - which essentially was his rookie year.. Anyone who has had knee surgery can appreciate that it takes a full two years until you quit thinking about reinjuring yourself and just go out and let it go.
  • Shon has received rave reviews from his teammates this off season, and is hungry to solidify the offensive line back at his natural position of LT.

I don't want to go looking for trouble, but if it comes up we will deal with it then. But I am confident we will be fine.

It also takes time to develop linemen these days, colleges aren’t running pro schemes.  Hell, a lot of these guys didn’t play out of a 3 point stance until the NFL.

It’s one of the reasons I think you’ll see a lineman taken most years in the draft, they’re gonna want to have guys developing and ready to take over once guys get old, overly expensive or injured.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It also takes time to develop linemen these days, colleges aren’t running pro schemes.  Hell, a lot of these guys didn’t play out of a 3 point stance until the NFL.

It’s one of the reasons I think you’ll see a lineman taken most years in the draft, they’re gonna want to have guys developing and ready to take over once guys get old, overly expensive or injured.

It’s becoming easier to find other positions, but more difficult for others like o-line. I expect Dorsey to follow the Green Bay model and draft offensive linemen and wide receivers every year. Not with a high pick, but mid round picks. It’s the best way to protect your QB.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It’s becoming easier to find other positions, but more difficult for others like o-line. I expect Dorsey to follow the Green Bay model and draft offensive linemen and wide receivers every year. Not with a high pick, but mid round picks. It’s the best way to protect your QB.

The days of drafting for size and strength are over for oline in Cleveland, and most the league for that matter.

Green Bay's scouts were focused on athleticism and feet with olinemen, and I think that's transferred. Many of their best linemen have been athletic, mid round picks who were considered a bit light in the pants: Bakhtiari, 4th round, TJ Lang, 4th round, Josh Sitton, 4th round, Corey Linsley, 5th round.... 

Mike Pettine did have one thing right. He said draft picks can get bigger and stronger in NFL strength programs, but they rarely ever get faster or more athletic. Gotta be born with it.

BTW, this is me concurring with you.

@Kiwibrown a meat shield?? I love it! I can't wait to tell my wife that I make her sleep on the side closest to the door because she's the meat shield. By the time the bad-bad killer-man gets through her, I'm out the window.

Who says chivalry is dead;)

Yes, us fatties can run in two different directions simultaneously, which makes it harder to lock us down; which way is he going? I don't know!

The beef train is elusive.

15 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

@Kiwibrown a meat shield?? I love it! I can't wait to tell my wife that I make her sleep on the side closest to the door because she's the meat shield. By the time the bad-bad killer-man gets through her, I'm out the window.

Who says chivalry is dead;)

Yes, us fatties can run in two different directions simultaneously, which makes it harder to lock us down; which way is he going? I don't know!

The beef train is elusive.

You are my meat sheild

Image result for Jack and Rose

23 hours ago, candyman93 said:

That team of turds 125 miles to the east of us has done that for years. Of course when needed, they go up into the first round and grab All Pro OG David DeCastro

2 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

That team of turds 125 miles to the east of us has done that for years. Of course when needed, they go up into the first round and grab All Pro OG David DeCastro

Eh, whatever.  We could've taken DeCastro, but then we never would've experienced this:

Image result for weeden flag gif

Archived