WC Semifinal #1: Les Bleus vs Les Diables Rouges - Battle of the Golden Generations

TedLavie

30 minutes ago, PAW said:

How so?

I can't speak for him but it's hard to argue that they weren't a little lucky to win with the last kick against Japan or that they didn't get lucky against Brazil to not concede earlier than they did.

Despite that, they have been one of the two or three best teams in the tournament and definitely do deserve their place in the semi finals imo

14 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Pretty puzzling. Belgium have been one of the strongest sides all tournament. 

I felt like everything had to fall just right for them to best brazil. Casemiro suspended, japan massively screwing up an offensive corner with twenty seconds left, lots of penalty area rickeshades falling just away from brazils strikers, very possible penalties denied, an awful own goal from Casemiros replacement and still they just held on. 

People gave them praise because brazil have this mysticism that they should win every game 2-0 but this is a weak brazil team and still they spent 90 minutes camped in Belgium half. If the names were reversed I think people would be taking about a very lucky Brazil and unlucky belgium

Football is in many a ways a lottery but I felt like if you threw that dice ten times, that was the one or two out of ten that Belgium wins. 

Sure, before that they were the best team in the tournament but world cups are about not having a bad game and they scraped away twice against Japan and Brazil 

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

I can't speak for him but it's hard to argue that they weren't a little lucky to win with the last kick against Japan or that they didn't get lucky against Brazil to not concede earlier than they did.

Despite that, they have been one of the two or three best teams in the tournament and definitely do deserve their place in the semi finals imo

To win in regulation, sure. But odds are they would’ve won in OT. They had all the momentum. It’s not like they tied it right at the end. 

29 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

That's a great chance for Pavard.

The fact Fellaini is starting in a WC semi final just makes me laugh. 

Fellaini has been the difference maker arguably in two of Belgium's games so far.

It's no coincidence that him playing has turned in better results for Belgium

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

Fellaini has been the difference maker arguably in two of Belgium's games so far.

It's no coincidence that him playing has turned in better results for Belgium

I didnt mean that it was undeserved, I advocated him starting against Japan due to their weakness in the air, it's just funny to me. 

Archived