WC Semifinal #1: Les Bleus vs Les Diables Rouges - Battle of the Golden Generations

TedLavie

6 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

Dude just piss off with your condescending crap. I acknowledge he plays as a CF for Napoli and I still think he's an effective right winger. You can disagree if you want but you can also descend from your pedestal.

You acknowledged it after I pointed it out and your OP implied you thought he was a RW in Sarri's system, but really it is irrelevant.  My bigger point was why would Sarri, who has admitted to hating it took him so long to figure out to move him centrally, move him back to RW where he is nowhere near as effective (as demonstrated by his time at Napoli and this WC)?  It would be equivalent to Pep moving to Juventus and then a fan wanting to sign KdB to play him as an 8.  Just doesn't make any sense whatsoever, wasn't trying to trigger anyone.

4 hours ago, DaveDX said:

Hazard was pulling a Neymar a few too many times.  What’s that?  Four defenders?  Dribble right into’em!

Hard to blame him though. Belgium was inept going forward until Mertens came on.

6 hours ago, DaveDX said:

Hazard was pulling a Neymar a few too many times.  What’s that?  Four defenders?  Dribble right into’em!

Hazard was the only one who was able break through their midfield. De Bruyne struggled. Dembele was bad and Fellani was just out of place in midfield. By far Belgiums best player going forward.

1 hour ago, teamorange said:

Everyone keeps saying this is Belgiums last chance but pretty much everyone will still be in their prime/just leaving the prime outside of Kompany. I think this deep run will give them more experience for the next trip.

I don't think it was their last, I think it was their best chance.

Archived