Lesean McCoy Accused of DV, PED use

bigbadbuff23835

Similar accusation was made against Addison Russell of the Chicago Cubs last season.  A friend of the victim made the accusation online, but the victim never came forward.  The MLB didn’t take any action because of that if i remember correctly.  It’ll be interesting to see how the NFL handles this accusation.  I don’t remember, but i don’t think Russels accusation had any pictures accompanying it.

Has the NFL had any third party accusations recently where the actual victim never stepped forward to make a complaint?

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

It's alright though because they have Josh Allen, the <checks notes> 7th best QB in the Mountain West in 2017 as their starting QB!

I think Allen can be good if groomed for a year or two and have weapons around him. I didn’t want him on the field with Shady playing, and now...sheeeeeeeshhhhh.

Just a FYI - the title for the thread is misspelt - don't want to be that guy, but if people search for LeSean McCoy threads, this won't show up with the mistake. @bigbadbuff23835, if you edit the OP, you have the option to edit the title and LeSean (I did it with Marcedes  Lewis, who knew he wasn't Mercedes).

With that PSA out of the way, if it's baseless, well, boo on the irresponsible reporting to not get a corroborating source.    Sadly the standard for publication is nil these days if this in fact happened.

If McCoy did it, he's toast.   But given how this story broke (no investigation confirmed, etc.), I'll reserve judgment.   Trial by Twitter, especially without actual footage (like with Ray Rice, etc.) - well, we've been down this road before.   

Just now, Darth Pees said:

If the claims against him are false, I hope he sues because there are very real repercussions that could/will happen to McCoy in terms of endorsements and NFL money being lost simply due to accusations.

Absolutely, here we go though with another he said/ she said NFL DV case. Getting real old.

There are two possible outcomes from this. 

1. Either these accusations are true and this is the end of Lesean McCoy's professional career and life as a not-incarcerated member of society.

or

2. These accusations are false and this is another nail in the coffin of the credibility of domestic violence claims against NFL players. 

The instagram post is rather horrifying, but after what happened with Reuben Foster, I'm going to not go with my gut instinct and instead wait and see how it plays out. 

as sad as it is to say, we're in a time where people know you can accuse someone of something bad and it will cost them miney, careers, etc without any facts behind it.

the pictures are horrifying honestly, but we need to let this play out. its a little strange to start that they posted this to twitter instead of going to the police.

Archived