Around the NFL

pwny

Colts cut C Brian Schwenke.

Backup to Ryan Kelly (who is hurt) getting cut...pretty telling I'd say how he's played.

I'm all for adding more depth but man, these guys gotta be really bad across the board as far as guys on waivers go with some of these teams OL situations.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I'm watching some of this GB/CIN game and Carl Lawson is good. Was an option for an edge rusher in round 3.

I will say, Smoot has showed up when given an opportunity multiple times off the edge, but from a pass rush perspective there was a couple guys that I liked more at the time. Lawson being one. Hopefully it works out.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Man, I'm watching some of this GB/CIN game and Carl Lawson is good. Was an option for an edge rusher in round 3.

I will say, Smoot has showed up when given an opportunity multiple times off the edge, but from a pass rush perspective there was a couple guys that I liked more at the time. Lawson being one. Hopefully it works out.

Taking Smoot over Derek Rivers made my eyes bulge out of my head, but he's flashed when the opportunities have presented, you're right.

Just now, VLoo said:

Taking Smoot over Derek Rivers made my eyes bulge out of my head, but he's flashed when the opportunities have presented, you're right.

Smoot was do damn good in 2016. Most thought he was going to be a top 10 type pick this past draft, but he just didn't take the step and had a down year. There is definite upside and he has shown it, but yeah, Rivers/Lawson/Willis were three names I liked a solid bit in the middle rounds.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Watched alot of Lawson at Auburn. Really wanted him

• 4 weeks later...

Archived