Around the NFL

pwny

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Rookie who was essentially a consensus top 5 interior OL prospect. Fell due to illness. Apparently struggled to learn the playbook, so he was cut. He is talented though.

Yeah, thats why I'm lost. Feel like its too early to cut bait on a guy like that.

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Arizona probably thinks they can retain him on the practice squad since he fell in the draft. I am inclined to think that multiple teams will put in a waiver claim though.

Same. The whole NFL has an OL problem. Why not take a shot?

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

A lot of these guys are either not what they usedto be or just havent been that good, but man I'd like to see if a couple of these guys just need a change in scheme/scenery.

Yeah.  I mean, these guys are being cut for a reason mostly, and it's not like our franchise has a long and storied track record of scooping diamonds in the rough out of other teams' trash heap and developing them into studs.  But we have some real weak points on our roster and it doesn't seem like it would hurt too badly to take a flyer on a couple guys.  We have guys we could cut to make room that i wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over.

Archived