Best Movies I have seen All Time

Ozzy

Do yourself a favor and watch this, one of the best movies I have seen in awhile.  Taylor Sheridan is a star director/writer.  Amazing movie in Wind River which is really his first directed movie, wrote two amazing films in Hell of High Water and Sicario as well and should do some other great work in the future.  Wind River though well worth a watch, cool film and Jeremy Renner gave his best performance since The Hurt Locker no doubt.  

• Like 2

On 9/2/2019 at 10:17 AM, Ozzy said:

Do yourself a favor and watch this, one of the best movies I have seen in awhile.  Taylor Sheridan is a star director/writer.  Amazing movie in Wind River which is really his first directed movie, wrote two amazing films in Hell of High Water and Sicario as well and should do some other great work in the future.  Wind River though well worth a watch, cool film and Jeremy Renner gave his best performance since The Hurt Locker no doubt.  

It was very good and reminded me of Val Kilmer in Thunderheart.  

On 9/8/2019 at 10:30 PM, thrILL! said:

It was very good and reminded me of Val Kilmer in Thunderheart.  

I think it was better than Thunderheart, but that was a good film back in the day.  Some other great country style/Native American central movies like this are 'The Rider' and 'Songs My Brothers Taught Me' by the super talented director Chloe Zhao.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mary Magdalene 2019

Awesome movie, super underrated and is one of the best religious movies I have ever seen.  Not cheesy like some of the other and even more recent ones, this one seems life like and realistic.  Has some big time stars in it, Rooney Mara is great like she always is, Joaquin Phoenix will get attention for Joker but he is crazy good in this and few even realized he was in it and Chiwetel Ejiofor is awesome in it as well playing Peter.  Sweet film and should get some acclaim but doubt it will.  

Fresh 1994

Have never seen or heard of this movie before but it is pretty great.  Super unique story and strong characters throughout.  Very interesting and a smart movie, a little old 1994 but is well worth the watch.

Taps 1981

Another movie I have never heard of before but is very good.  Has a message a lot will not like about the Military but it is a well acted movie no question and is completely star studded with a ton of young stars in it, a ton of quality good speeches as well.  Tom Cruise, Sean Penn and Timothy Hutton along with the fine actor George C. Scott.

• 1 month later...

Well worth the watch, Altered (2006), was made by the director of The Blair Witch Project Eduardo Sanchez.  Trailer sucks but the movie is freaking cool, very unique monster and a interesting concept.  Good Sci Fi horror film that is not very well known at all.

Ad Astra, one of the better Sci Fi movies I have seen in awhile.  Is an interesting take on things because it is set in the future but is far more realistic than most Sci Fi movies are, is a reality that could easily happen and is believable.  Wish there was a little more action in it but Brad Pitt is great and the story is interesting throughout and to me it is way better than say Gravity or Interstellar was.  Odd name, not a great trailer but was a good movie to watch.

'Upgrade' 2018 is another very cool Sci Fi movie well worth a watch despite any great actor being in it.

• 1 month later...

Candy (2006): One of the best Health Ledger movies you have never seen.  Tragic romance that is very well acted and is an interesting story throughout.  

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl: Good movie, another tragic romance that has some really funny parts and is pretty powerful despite not having any major actors in it.  

The Great Silence (1968): Is hard to watch at times because of the audio and the subtitles go crazy fast.  But cool movie, unique story and a very unexpected ending.  

Animal Kingdom (2010): Pretty damn good.  Very underrated and has a really great ending.  Exciting drama that is interesting and unique no question.

On 9/2/2019 at 11:17 AM, Ozzy said:

One of my all time favorites 

Just now, TakeTheBallDeep said:

One of my all time favorites 

Yeah that is a sweet movie.  

The director Taylor Sheridan also wrote Hell or High Water and Sicario two other great movies.  Hell of High Water has a very No Country for Old Men feel to it.  You also probably would like The Rider, that is a great film as well.

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah that is a sweet movie.  

The director Taylor Sheridan also wrote Hell or High Water and Sicario two other great movies.  Hell of High Water has a very No Country for Old Men feel to it.  You also probably would like The Rider, that is a great film as well.

Seen Sicario and Hell of High Water and they are great, love Sheridans work. His TV show Yellowstone with Kevin Costner is also really good. Hope he makes many more movies 

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I have to watch it again, don’t think I really paid much attention to it the first time.

Sicario was great, for Del Toro it was arguably the best film he has ever been in, Josh Brolin was solid and so was Emily Blunt.  Unique and different story that is pretty cool, the 2nd one Sicario: Day of the Soldado was not as good as the first and was kind of odd at the end and had a poor storyline.  The 1st one was great all the way through, the ending to the first one was pretty sweet.    

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Sicario was great, for Del Toro it was arguably the best film he has ever been in, Josh Brolin was solid and so was Emily Blunt.  Unique and different story that is pretty cool, the 2nd one Sicario: Day of the Soldado was not as good as the first and was kind of odd at the end and had a poor storyline.  The 1st one was great all the way through, the ending to the first one was pretty sweet.    

Sicario 2 has a lot of flaws, but to say the ending is odd or has a poor storyline is quite odd. It's pretty obvious from the beginning that Alejandro is Miguel's father.