Best Movies I have seen All Time

Ozzy

On 3/26/2021 at 9:30 PM, Malfatron said:

Return of the Living Dead

Best zombie movie ever made. Great pacing, and escalation of scenes.

people are acting really scared in this movie and they are panicking, talking over each other etc, and everyone is playing it completely straight, which is perfect for a black comedy, which this very much is

The Breaks

Mitch Mullany (RIP) knocks it out of the park here.

This is a silly comedy but very damn funny and you care about the characters.

Denzel Washington GIF

Haha yes!  I don't know anyone who remembers The Breaks except for my college friends lol.  Very underrated comedy.

Speaking of college...

the best college comedy imo and so ahead of its time.  Jeremy Piven is hilarious in this!  Jon Favreau, David Spade and more.

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 4:27 PM, Bullet Club said:

Anna is super underrated. Of the dozen "Russian spy femme fatale" movies that have come out in the last few years that's the best one.

the-wolf-of-wall-street-clap.gif

Agreed, it makes Red Sparrow, Atomic Blonde and Salt look like crap.  Anna the movie is better than them all I feel.  Off topic but Morgan is super underrated as well in terms of femme fatale movies, love that film!

On 10/11/2021 at 10:29 PM, thrILL! said:

Denzel Washington GIF

Haha yes!  I don't know anyone who remembers The Breaks except for my college friends lol.  Very underrated comedy.

Speaking of college...

the best college comedy imo and so ahead of its time.  Jeremy Piven is hilarious in this!  Jon Favreau, David Spade and more.

Sucks, that movie looks good but also looks like it is not on Netflix.  Freaking blows, no way of watching it then really but looks pretty solid, Spade and Piven are pretty underrated comedic actors.  

• Like 1

Lord of Illusions:  Kind of goes off the deep end at the finish but overall is a very entertaining movie.  Made by Clive Barker, it is not available for rent on Netflix however so seeing the movie would be difficult, I caught it on TV and sure 20% of it was not shown.  Still outstanding film and super creative, Clive Barker does not get the credit he deserves for creating some of the most original and unique horror movies in recent memory.  Back when the original Hellraiser came out this type of horror film was really taboo and and now it is basically mainstream.  

Outstanding villains, even the dude in the right here is very odd and quite interesting as a villain throughout the film.  
0*9p0WNKzTccNKrFTV.jpg

Famke Janssen is absolutely outstanding it in as well and is a great character, true Neo Noir damsel.
8677-11456.jpg

Well worth the watch if you can find a way to watch it all.  
Edited by Ozzy

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941)

Easily one of the most well shot horror movies I have ever seen.  Absolutely gorgeous film, great camera work and really standout performances by Spencer Tracy and Ingrid Bergman.  The scenes in the dark with Mr. Hyde running with his cape flowing behind him as the streetlamp light the way, absolutely gorgeous filmmaking.  Cannot rent it on Netflix which is crazy but same as The Body Snatcher (1945).  Both are absolutely classic horror films and honestly some of the most well shot black and white films ever.

8Tc9868r2yb582XKpiMROe9h3CBJVSXhdw5fH-5D

maxresdefault.jpg

127721.jpg?sha=2c5a61ab1eb52ed1

• 8 months later...

*Spencer (2021)
Absolutely outstanding film, visually beautiful, really well shot with many iconic images throughout.  Kirsten Stewart easily has her best performance of her career in this, does well with the accent and she portrays Diana right on!  

*Clay Pigeons (1998)
Awesome film, not very well known but has Joaquin Phoenix, Vince Vaughn and Janeane Garofalo in it who does very well for herself.  Really interesting crime drama that you have probably never heard about.  

*Mary Shelley (2018)
Very underrated film, it is really good and is a very interesting story no question about it especially considering such a famous and not very well known individual in Mary Shelley.  Very well worth a watch, has a few very quality actors in it.  

*The Mothman Prophecies
Very cool mystery thriller, was made awhile back and is not very well known but is a cool movie.

*In the Heart of the Sea (2015)
Really cool movie, very interesting story and is well shot.  

*The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)
Really cool movie, and final fight scene is outstanding and Guy Pearce is awesome in it.  Gets a little long at times but is a pretty good movie.  I wish Wincott was in it more but I usually think that in whatever film he is in.  

*Denial (2016)
Solid movie overall and Rachel Weisz is very good in it.  Interesting story and well worth the watch.

I watched the original Suspiria (1977) again, have not for a few years and it is visually even better than I remembered.  Could argue it is one of the most visually beautiful movies ever made, the lighting and scenery in it is absolutely outstanding.  It is gorgeous in almost every shot and so stylistic and the horror aspect is simply cool and interesting.  Outstanding film and the remake of it is simply a garbage pile.  

Heat (1995), caught that again this summer on TV.  Damn that movie is good, so many dramatic scenes and Pacino is amazing in it but no shock there.  Awesome film and is super entertaining despite being quite long, is totally a major action film but also a big time dramatic film.  

• 4 months later...

The Pumpkin Eater (1964):  Wonderful film!  Could argue Anne Bancroft is better in this than The Graduate.  Awesome film, sucks it is not on Netflix because it is a classic!  Really powerful film and shot extremely well, and Peter Finch is very good in it as well.

Man Down (2016):  Crazy how little attention this gets, sure most think it is just another War film but this one is very well done and has a powerful store.  Shia is great in it, very strong film.

The Ghost of Frankenstein (1942):  Comes with The Son of Frankenstein on the same DVD also and I would say this one is way way better even without Karloff.  Better story, shot better and the ending is very interesting as well.  Cool film unlike the "Son" of Frankenstein.  

King Richard:  Really strong movie, interesting story and good bio pick no question.  Even if it made Will lose his mind a bit at the Oscars, good portrayal.

• 3 months later...

Videodrome (1983): 
Freaking awesome film, no clue how I did not watch it sooner.  Unique story, sweet Sci Fi vibe to it, James Woods is awesome in it and is well worth a watch.  Is a simple story but pretty complex in the idea of it all.  

Sound of Metal (2020): 
Very good film with a super unique story, really interesting and powerful message in it.  

Jack of the Red Hearts (2016): 
Probably one of the best films I have ever seen Anna Sophia Robb in, really unique story and is a good one.  Also has a always stunning Famke Janssen who is very strong in it as well.  

Oasis (2002):
Really cool movie with another very unique love story, really not a well known film at all but is super original.

The Pelican Brief (1993):
I believe I already talked about this one but it is an awesome film, Julia Roberts and Denzel, cannot get any better and is a great suspense drama!  Wish they made films like this more often, super star performance by both great actors.

• Like 1