Best Movies I have seen All Time

Ozzy

30 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah I think ultimately again in terms of funny count Kingpin would win, I laughed more consistently in that, The Big Lebowski has long periods of nothing and more than once but maybe that is just me. 

What you think of that remake 'It' movie?  Based on your logo you like it, honestly I thought that face was creepy and original but that movie was not all that good and took a ton from the older one obviously.  Solid child character development especially for a remake, had a Stand By Me young kid youth in the summer all teamed together as losers vibe going for it.  But the "scary" parts were not scary and honestly I like the original clown more by Tim Curry, seemed more creepy because it was not so herky jerky.  Sure that movie was way too long and boring at times, but the Clown parts were gold and were easily taken in this new remake especially the boat scene.  Still with that fast camera work to make scares, not a fan of that but that is all anyone does it seems.  

I thought it was one of the best movies of the year. With some of the best kid acting performances since Stand By Me. I think the reason why it was not as scary as it could have been is because it wasn't meant just to scare adults. It was meant to get to young teens as well and maybe even younger adolescents. So I think they actually held off on some of it. Me personally I thought the new Pennywise trumped the old one. Which is saying something because I am a huge Tim Curry fan.

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I thought it was one of the best movies of the year. With some of the best kid acting performances since Stand By Me. I think the reason why it was not as scary as it could have been is because it wasn't meant just to scare adults. It was meant to get to young teens as well and maybe even younger adolescents. So I think they actually held off on some of it. Me personally I thought the new Pennywise trumped the old one. Which is saying something because I am a huge Tim Curry fan.

Yeah I guess really no wonder it is like Stand By Me, was written by Stephen King in both cases and all the character development was off the book.  He is a great author and it is insane how many of his books turn into flat out great movies.  Three or four of these movies could easily be considered some of the best of all time I feel.

Film Adaptations:

The Shawshank Redemption

The Shinning

Stand by Me

Carrie

Pet Sematary

Misery

The Green Mile

Hearts in Atlantis

The Dead Zone

Dolores Claiborne

The Dark Tower

Children of the Corn

Silver Bullet

The Mist

Made for TV:

Storm of the Century

It

The Stand

Rose Red

The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer

The Shinning

I love the made for TV movie Storm of the Century, great good and evil story with a super unique villain.  Surprised that has not been made into a movie at some point.  

I agree the new It was not made to scare adults, true but some adults apparently thought it was really freaky which is a joke.  Hope they use the exact same kids in the next one, but with them older might not be as interesting.  Got the funny kid with the glasses, then the one chick who they better hope is in the next one, then the fat kid, then the main character kid who is not funny or that interesting yet is the lead love interest for the chick.  Still whatever was scary really in either one is still all because the story and Stephen King's writing which is outstanding.  Even The Shinning made for TV movie with the guy from wings was damn good because the story is damn good.  

• Like 1

I think of movies that had me floored or wanting more as the credits rolled...

Shawshank Redemption

Gladiator

Aliens

Terminator

The Dark Knight

Avengers

LOTR: Two Towers

SW & ESB

Glory

Saving Private Ryan

Black Hawk Down

Any Given Sunday 

Léon the Professionnal

Se7en

Unbreakable

The Big Lebowski

A Few Good Men

Moulin Rouge

Oldboy (Foreign)

Princess Mononoke

Wall-E

The Matrix

Silence Of The Lambs

Drive

40 Year Old Virgin

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Shawshank Redemption

Gladiator

Aliens

Terminator

The Dark Knight

Avengers

SW & ESB

Glory

Saving Private Ryan

Black Hawk Down

Any Given Sunday 

Léon the Professionnal

Se7en

Unbreakable

The Big Lebowski

A Few Good Men

Moulin Rouge

Oldboy (Foreign)

Princess Mononoke

Wall-E

The Matrix

Silence Of The Lambs

Drive

40 Year Old Virgin

I never did like Moulin Rouge. I thought it was directed poorly and over acted.

13 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Shawshank Redemption

Gladiator

Aliens

Terminator

The Dark Knight

Avengers

SW & ESB

Glory

Saving Private Ryan

Black Hawk Down

Any Given Sunday 

Léon the Professionnal

Se7en

Unbreakable

The Big Lebowski

A Few Good Men

Moulin Rouge

Oldboy (Foreign)

Princess Mononoke

Wall-E

The Matrix

Silence Of The Lambs

Drive

40 Year Old Virgin

Wall-E I found to be very odd, especially later on when all the adult humans are these fat round people, I mean what is that?  Sure I get the meaning but that was kind of stupid and made that second half of the movie likewise.  Then again is modern day America in many ways, do not believe it, go overseas once.   Spent two weeks touring Rome and saw one over weight person that entire time, here just have to go to the gas station for one minute.

Old Boy I agree, outstanding movie and super cool, odd and weird but very cool and intense no doubt.  Unbreakable is freaking sweet, no doubt, interested in that sequel they are making based off that villain, will see how that is.  And I agree Any Given Sunday is cool, Al Pacino is great in the movie but I absolutely hate Cameron Diaz, she is a total bitchh in almost every movie role she is in, no different here.  Even in The Holiday she is a beeotch and she is not even a villain in that.  Sweet speech by Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday though, but there are some flat out stupid parts in that movie and honestly would it be that hard to use the real uniforms and teams?  I mean freaking Jerry Maguire did it!  

So you liked Aliens the second but not Alien the first one?  Black Hawk Down I agree was cool, especially for its time, now everyone makes movies on modern war battles and events.

Had some editing and adding for the comedy section, cannot believe I forgot all of these movies on that list!  Some great ones, and Dumb and Dumber is a flat out classic, as is Clerks and Caddyshack etc...  A League of Their Own is surprisingly funny I find and Death at a Funeral is outstanding, the original one for sure.  This is the End has some hilarious scenes as well, Danny McBride is great in it even though he basically plays himself like everyone else does.

PaVF3Es.gif

*Dumb and Dumber
*Clerks
*Trains, Plans and Automobiles 1987

*Office Space
*Caddyshack
*The Producers 1967
*Blazing Saddles
*This is the End
*Death at a Funeral 2007
*Tropic Thunder
*A League of Their Own
*Groundhog Day
*Waynes World
*Hangover
*Dumber and Dumber To

*Zoolander

The original Producers is historic in many ways as well, could argue it is Gene Wilder's best performance....

giphy.webp

b0a292fbadbe95f94d7d462bcc449d53.gif

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Wall-E I found to be very odd, especially later on when all the adult humans are these fat round people, I mean what is that?  Sure I get the meaning but that was kind of stupid and made that second half of the movie likewise.  Then again is modern day America in many ways, do not believe it, go overseas once.   Spent two weeks touring Rome and saw one over weight person that entire time, here just have to go to the gas station for one minute.

Old Boy I agree, outstanding movie and super cool, odd and weird but very cool and intense no doubt.  Unbreakable is freaking sweet, no doubt, interested in that sequel they are making based off that villain, will see how that is.  And I agree Any Given Sunday is cool, Al Pacino is great in the movie but I absolutely hate Cameron Diaz, she is a total bitchh in almost every movie role she is in, no different here.  Even in The Holiday she is a beeotch and she is not even a villain in that.  Sweet speech by Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday though, but there are some flat out stupid parts in that movie and honestly would it be that hard to use the real uniforms and teams?  I mean freaking Jerry Maguire did it!  

So you liked Aliens the second but not Alien the first one?  Black Hawk Down I agree was cool, especially for its time, now everyone makes movies on modern war battles and events.

WALL-E - just that first 30 mins of near-silence was just amazing film-making.   You root for that little guy the whole way through.   

Alien was great - but Aliens was the pinnacle.   I could have gone Alien-Aliens, just Aliens is my favorite.  GAME OVER, MAN, GAME OVER.

I'll admit Any Given Sunday is the least deserving, but it's Pacino...and it's football.  Hard to resist.  Friday Night Lights would have been the other addition.

Edited by Broncofan

On 7/11/2018 at 10:17 PM, Broncofan said:

WALL-E - just that first 30 mins of near-silence was just amazing film-making.   You root for that little guy the whole way through.   

Alien was great - but Aliens was the pinnacle.   I could have gone Alien-Aliens, just Aliens is my favorite.  GAME OVER, MAN, GAME OVER.

I'll admit Any Given Sunday is the least deserving, but it's Pacino...and it's football.  Hard to resist.  Friday Night Lights would have been the other addition.

These are the best football related movies I have seen.  We Are Marshall is very underrated and extremely well acted by McConaughey.  Radio is very well acted as well and a good story.  Some movies of course at the bottom are just comedies and Jerry Maguire is not really very football related but kind of is.  Undefeated is a great documentary though, outstanding and really well done I think.

Rudy
Undefeated
Remember the Titans
We Are Marshall
Radio
The Blind Side
Any Given Sunday
Brian's Song
Jerry Maguire
Invincible
Friday Night Lights
The Waterboy
Little Giants

Ones I would add to the list (I might’ve missed some in your Above lists though):

- Gravity, The Greatest Showman, Interstellar, Pulp Fiction, Terminator 2, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, What Dreams May Come, 500 Days of Summer, Love & Basketball, Zombieland, Adventureland, Set it Off, Boyz n the Hood

If you haven’t seen these, I definitely think they’re worth the watch.

Edited by diamondbull424

On 7/11/2018 at 12:14 PM, Calvert28 said:

I never did like Moulin Rouge. I thought it was directed poorly and over acted.

I'll always have a soft spot for Moulin Rouge. Having to sit through this garbage movie earned me my first sexual encounter.

And to weigh in on a debate, The Big Lebowski is universally accepted as a top 3 comedy of all-time. It's personally my #1 (This is the End is close tho).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'll always have a soft spot for Moulin Rouge. Having to sit through this garbage movie earned me my first sexual encounter.

And to weigh in on a debate, The Big Lebowski is universally accepted as a top 3 comedy of all-time. It's personally my #1 (This is the End is close tho).

Lol to the part in bold. You have my blessing for liking it then sir. 

The Big Lebowski IMO as I said before is the GOAT. You can watch it 50 times and always find something new. The Coen Brothers are masters at character depth. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Ones I would add to the list (I might’ve missed some in your Above lists though):

- Gravity, The Greatest Showman, Interstellar, Pulp Fiction, Terminator 2, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, What Dreams May Come, 500 Days of Summer, Love & Basketball, Zombieland, Adventureland, Set it Off, Boyz n the Hood

If you haven’t seen these, I definitely think they’re worth the watch.

Good call on those, thanks totally forgot about a few of them.  I thought I included them into the list but I guess I did not..

* Pulp Fiction - Had that on there, classic no doubt, interesting story and extremely different and unique.

*Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - had that one on there, really cool movie, very interesting and original, cannot believe I forgot that.

*What Dreams May Come - Great movie, super creative and honestly Robin Williams is easily one of the best actors of all time, he is in a ton of quality films, his film list overall is great.

*500 Days of Summer - Love that movie, funny and great romantic comedy I think.  Zooey Deschanel is great in it and Gordon-Levitt is good almost all the time.

*Terminator 2 - Good movie, not my absolute favorite but pretty sweet especially the chase scenes.

The rest are ok but not my favorites by any means.

*Zombieland - Funny movie, has some good parts but not a really great movie I do not think.  People are on this zombie kick these days so I am sure some worship it.  

*Adventureland - Funny cast, good summer date movie and teen romance.  Kristen Stewart is good in it and Bill Hader brings a lot to it as well but only a TV movie I feel in terms of yeah I will watch it on TV but that is about it flipping back and forth maybe.  

*Boyz n the Hood - Cool movie no doubt, just not one of my absolute favorites.  

*Set if Off - Seems a little cheesy I feel, lacking a little depth but at least has a strong female cast.  

*Love & Basketball - Was never a huge fan of this movie.

*The Greatest Showman - Musicals are not really my thing

Not a fan of these at all...

*Gravity - Hated it to be quite honest, not sure why so many people like it.  I mean she as just floating around in space for hours, is that even possible...  Just freaking floating out there, come on, had ok parts but compared to say Apollo 13, it totally sucked...

*Interstellar - Thought it would be sweet but was too cheesy I thought, and driving through a corn field with your big bad truck Matthew, come on that was lame.  Oh but it all gets tied together at the end, I was not a fan of this movie at all and how freaking odd it got in the end.  If you want to go so weird with it, just make a space Sci Fi movie with aliens you made up, not this other crap that is on the edge of way out there and oh this is still reality.