Best Movies I have seen All Time

Ozzy

27 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Would you even classify Zero Dark Thirty as Action? It's definitely a drama to me, considering the only action sequence is at the end.

Still though, I'm happy it made it. One of my favorite films of the past decade, along with Sicario.

Very true, I might have to revisit that category.  Most of the action movies I have in Sci Fi because that is what they are.  Few movies are action only and the ones that are usually are not all that interesting because there is no story.  Movies like Southpaw, The Wrestler or Casualties of War could be considered action I have them all in Drama so yeah not sure on those as a category.  

Sicario was cool that is for sure, really interested to see how the second one is.  

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

DO NOT. I REPEAT, DO NOT.

@Ozzy Darth Pees just can't stop crying over how good it was. Don't even worry about it buddy, you go see it. :D

Honest to God I thought it was great. It wasn't a masterpiece like it could have been. But it just needed better explanations.

Soon to be potentially on this list.  Rami Malek is outstanding in Mr. Robot and looks to be just as captivating in this film potentially.  It does not have the best director in the world but will see if it can be another Ray or Walk the Line.  

• 4 weeks later...

Adding this movie to the list after just seeing it, called 'Sweet Country' made in 2017.  Freaking cool old school country film that has really great cinematography I feel.  Unique story, unique actors and real Aboriginal people in it, cool movie and a different take on old school Western films no doubt, big time sleeper film!   Mind you I really like Westerns but sadly there are not many good ones with actual solid story lines and or film work, heck half of the older ones are dubbed over so poorly it is almost not watchable.  

On a lower note, the movie No Way Out from 1987, saw that recently with Kevin Costner and Gene Hackman much less Sean Young from Blade Runner.  Sadly the movie at times especially the start is pretty stupid but later on gets a little better.  Only reason of note for this film is my shock at how good of a villain Will Patton is, I was very impressive he was a cool nasty villain in the film and arguably carried it at times.  Might have to be on the look out for more films with him in it as a villain but I am pretty sure there are not many if any.

• 4 weeks later...

Directed by Chloe Zhao, pretty damn impressive for her 2nd full movie ever.  Not to mention basically the entire cast are not actors and or have never acted before.  Awesome film and is one standout star director!  Hopefully these movies get seen because they should be.

22 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I know this is an old post, but I really hope you didn't do that to yourself.

I am going to watch the second just to see.  Have not see it just yet.  Sure could be similar to John Wick Chapter 2.  Simply not as good as the first one, cool kill shots but other than that the story really struggled not to mention what they have planed for the third....

• 2 weeks later...

My Top 40 - In no particular order:

Jesus of Nazareth  (1977)
The Matrix
Forrest Gump
It's a Wonderful Life
The Godfather

Goodfellas
A Bronx Tale
Going My Way  (1944)
Platoon

Full Metal Jacket
Scent of a Woman
The Emperor's Club
Wall Street

Schindlers List
Hoffa

Underworld (2003)
The Patriot
The Exorcist

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Phantasm
Tommy Boy
Uncle Buck
Rain Man
The Great Outdoors
Caddyshack
Jackass 2
Mischief  (1985)
Grumpy Old Men

Casablanca
Titanic
Pride & Prejudice  (2005)
Predator (1987)

The Terminator
Terminator 2
Die Hard
The Edge  (1997)
JFK
The Hunt For Red October
American History X
Saving Private Ryan

Edited by Uncle Buck

• 1 month later...

A few new movies to include...

Manhunter (1986)  - Was made well before Silence of the Lambs, not as good of course but a very interesting take on the story and the characters.  Is way more scary than Red Dragon was I feel being about the same story.  William Peterson is freaking awesome in it and it is shot very well, great movie and a real scary movie that is legit.  Has a cool Neo-Noir feel to it as well.

Eight Grade (2018) - Solid film about young culture and girl culture of today.  Interesting movie and well shot, carried by no name actors but is shot well and has a solid story.  

House of Wax (1953) - Have never seen it before, was pretty solid, kind of stupid ending I must say but had its moments and was an interesting story.  Not a great scary movie but for its age it is solid at least.

A Separation (2011) - Great foreign film, strong characters and strong story as well.  Tons of drama in it and is well acted.  

Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot (2018) - Nice to see Joaquin in a decent movie, and Jonah Hill is shockingly good in it with a very different character.  Based on a true story, interesting no doubt that is worth a look, good just not great.

Some movies I was pretty disappointed by...

A Quiet Place (2018)  - Was hyped up or so I heard, the monster flat out sucked and was quite terrible.  Interesting idea but with those actors in it, no thank you especially with John Krasinski (The Office guy) as the lead in a drama role?  Oh guess what he directed it and half wrote it as well, so in that regard it is a success for him I suppose.  But stepping away from that, it is lacking a lot and is sure maybe scary for a freaking middle schooler only...

You Were Never Really Here (2018) - Joaquin did not do well with this, foolish movie that is not that interesting and is not that well shot either.  The subject matter and story has been so played over and over it gets pretty old.  Girl gets caught in a underground prostitution ring , sex thing or cult or whatever the hell, it has been done way too much.

how i will define this list.

if someone i know didnt see this movie, i will want to make it a point to watch it with them. or ones i can enjoy multiple times by myself

in only the order that it comes to my mind:

In Bruges

The Lobster

Seven Psychopaths

(3 Colin Farrell movies thus far)

Cannibal the musicial

Se7en

The Burbs

Gremlins

(Joe Dante is awesome)

Evil Dead 2

The Cabin in the Woods

Tremors

Primer

The Prestige

original Indiana Jones Trilogy (especially the last crusade, which is objectively the best IJ movie)

(now the Nic Cage ones)

Vampires Kiss

Mandy

The Whicker Man

The Rock