Do you consider A.J. Green a top-5 wide receiver?

Shylo3716

Do you currently A.J. Green consider a top-5 wide receiver?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Currently top-5?

6 minutes ago, Shylo3716 said:

I made it the same claim above for Thomas and Keenan Allen in the Madden 19 ratings.

6 minutes ago, Shylo3716 said:

I made it the same claim above for Thomas and Keenan Allen in the Madden 19 ratings.

what are their ratings?

For the record, I don’t hate Green at all; he’s the only receiver, I’ve ever felt that should have went #1 overall in a draft class while watching him commit a homicide on the SEC. But... As far as quarterback play goes, Green cannot keep getting bailed out on Dalton’s performance because DeAndre Hopkins has played with worse.

2 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

For the record, I don’t hate Green at all; he’s the only receiver, I’ve ever felt that should have went #1 overall in a draft class while watching him commit a homicide on the SEC. But... As far as quarterback play goes, Green cannot keep getting bailed out on Dalton’s performance because DeAndre Hopkins has played with worse.

In 2016, AJ Green had 964 yards in 10 games while DeAndre Hopkins had 954 yards in 16 games.  I get that Hopkins played with worse, but he also put up worse numbers to reflect that. There is definitely an argument to be made for Hopkins over Green, but I don't agree with dismissing Dalton...

Given the likelihood Allen, Thomas & Hopkins are likely not quite at their peak, where Green's at his, I'd say he's #7.  Nothing wrong with that, the top 7 are a clear tier ahead of the next guys, and are more lumped in together (well, those 6 after Brown, anyways).

AJ has spent his entire career in an anemic offense with a minimal run game, Dalton behind center, a beat up OL, a mediocre HC.....all the while playing in the toughest defensive division in the entire league and he has STILL produced.  

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Given the likelihood Allen, Thomas & Hopkins are likely not quite at their peak, where Green's at his, I'd say he's #7.  Nothing wrong with that, the top 7 are a clear tier ahead of the next guys, and are more lumped in together (well, those 6 after Brown, anyways).

Wait are you saying that you'd take those guys over AJ Green? Seriously?

Just now, GamedayGuru said:

No it's not, Thomas will most likely move up to number 4 at the end of the upcoming season.

Put AJ with Brees and he's threatening for most yards in the league and double digit touchdowns every year. You really think Thomas would be as good with Cincy as New Orleans? 

Archived