Posted (edited)

4E190B6A00000578-0-image-m-116_153125238

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5939603/The-touching-moment-Redskins-rookie-Derrius-Guice-surprises-mom-new-Jaguar-SUV.html

Touching moment Redskins rookie Derrius Guice surprises his mom with a new $42,000 Jaguar SUV - telling her a house is next

remember the days when our top picks like Fred Davis blew it all making it rain? 

Edited by Doc Draper

Big fan of the kid already, seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. Let's hope it work out here.

I love this dude!!! He’s going to make teams pay for years I believe!!!

I like that he got his mom new wheels ... but the Jaguar was the wrong call. Should have gotten a more reliable brand.

Still, he's a good kid.

On 7/10/2018 at 8:00 PM, Doc Draper said:

4E190B6A00000578-0-image-m-116_153125238

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5939603/The-touching-moment-Redskins-rookie-Derrius-Guice-surprises-mom-new-Jaguar-SUV.html

Touching moment Redskins rookie Derrius Guice surprises his mom with a new $42,000 Jaguar SUV - telling her a house is next

remember the days when our top picks like Fred Davis blew it all making it rain? 

Lol, Fred blew it in more ways than that. He blew a lot of smoke.

Cautiously optimistic . How did we get so lucky to get this kid ! We had him in round 2 and trade down for a 3rd round pick and he's still there when we pick later in round 2 -UNbelievable ! Have the Gods finally smiled on us . ?

I'll have to tell you guys the truth--I'm having a bit of trouble not gushing over our prospects this year.. Something feels different. I guess it's getting Capt Kirk behind us. I read today that Bortles didn't want to hurt his team by getting every dollar outta his deal. He wanted money on the table for other players . Said he wanted to be like Tom Brady . Whata  concept !

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Cautiously optimistic . How did we get so lucky to get this kid ! We had him in round 2 and trade down for a 3rd round pick and he's still there when we pick later in round 2 -UNbelievable ! Have the Gods finally smiled on us . ?

I'll have to tell you guys the truth--I'm having a bit of trouble not gushing over our prospects this year.. Something feels different. I guess it's getting Capt Kirk behind us. I read today that Bortles didn't want to hurt his team by getting every dollar outta his deal. He wanted money on the table for other players . Said he wanted to be like Tom Brady . Whata  concept !

Different situations. Kirk never wanted to be drafted by the Redskins and was never sold the Redskins front office wanted him since Shanahan was fired.  

The Pats wanted Brady long term and the Jags drafted Bortles high and have remained committed to him even when others thought they should take another QB high in the draft the last two years or sign a feee agent QB like Kirk Cousins.

Edited by turtle28

Pre-draft, I was concerned this kid was a head case. Post-draft, my take is he's more so a maturing kid that has a big heart and is eccentric.