09 Saints vs 2017 Eagles

patriotsheatyan

20 hours ago, GamedayGuru said:

Hmmm well would the 09 saints travel to 2017, or the 2017 eagles be traveling to the year 2009? Important question. 

I really don't think it is. Both are playing in the optimal passing era. 

If you look at Point Differentials:  Points scored minus Points given up....

2017 Eagles delivered a 162 while the 2009 Saints delivered a 169. Both are top notch performances

In the case of the Eagles, they only gave up 295 pts last year - an impressive number while the 09 Saints got their huge PD from an other-worldly offense

Saints defense was ranked # 20 in points allowed while the Eagles were ranked # 4 in 2017. If Defense wins Championships....

Then I think the nod goes to 2017 Eagles on this one. Also in part because the Saints rode the Katrina and Gleason waves of momentum and that would be impossible to reproduce in a simulation.

I'd love to watch this one play out

On 7/10/2018 at 10:47 PM, patriotsheatyan said:

They play on neutral field with two weeks to prepare.

both teams victimized the vikings in the nfccg.

i will take the saints because they would Bounty the eagles. that is, they would wipe them up like a paper towel

9 hours ago, Danger said:

I really don't think it is. Both are playing in the optimal passing era. 

It absolutely matters, no one was beating the saints in 09, it was destiny. The afc pro bowl team wouldn't have even had a shot

6 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

It absolutely matters, no one was beating the saints in 09, it was destiny. The afc pro bowl team wouldn't have even had a shot

lmfao. Team of destiny? 1. What does that have to do with the era? 2. The Eagles this past season were just as much if not more a "team of destiny". 

Either way the whole "destiny" thing is a more theatrical way of saying "hot". They caught fire when at the right time. Motivation + fortune.  "It's better to be good and lucky, than to just be good."

And if the AFC Pro Bowl roster was actually a team that played together, developed chemistry over a season and was trying, they'd stomp any other team.

36 minutes ago, Danger said:

lmfao. Team of destiny? 1. What does that have to do with the era? 2. The Eagles this past season were just as much if not more a "team of destiny". 

Either way the whole "destiny" thing is a more theatrical way of saying "hot". They caught fire when at the right time. Motivation + fortune.  "It's better to be good and lucky, than to just be good."

And if the AFC Pro Bowl roster was actually a team that played together, developed chemistry over a season and was trying, they'd stomp any other team.

Don't think ur catching my point. 

Archived