Supp Draft at 1 p m ET Today

RSkinGM

55 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Coming out I’d say Sherman. He’s a big physical turn and run CB who needs work in zone and off. That’s what Sherman was but Sherman had better skills in off and zone. He does tackle better then Sherman though I think

Another one that comes to mind as a tall, long CB is David Amerson. 

Amerson ran better at the combine than Alexander did at his pro day — but to be fair, Alexander didn’t have the whole offseason to be preparing for the combine like most draft prospects do. But both have that general “bigger CB” profile of good size and strength, long arms, aggressiveness, physical, not overly fluid, not great at changing direction quickly, etc. 

I like the pick. First of all, I think it’s wise to use some of those numerous late round picks NOW — because obviously you’re getting another season out of them and because from a roster standpoint you really want to space out the introduction of raw rookies to the organization. You need to have space on the 53-man to allow them to develop without being counted on to play, and it’s hard to do that when you have something like a 13-man draft class coming in. Plus it seems like this guy has plenty of upside and also provides a fall-back possibility of moving to FS, so I like the risk/reward there. 

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Normally, I'm not usually a fan of compensatory selections (you don't get the full evaluation that you do on other players), but at the price of a sixth? Eh, sure, why not?

I'll admit I'm a bargain shopper-Love a deal ! That said, I think we coulda got him for a 7th but maybe they had inside info.. I'm good with the 6th. Don't we have a Comp Pick 6th also? 

Just now, RSkinGM said:

I'll admit I'm a bargain shopper-Love a deal ! That said, I think we coulda got him for a 7th but maybe they had inside info.. I'm good with the 6th. Don't we have a Comp Pick 6th also? 

Probably we will be awarded one, but we won't know exactly what we get until next spring.

Keep in mind, the compensatory draft pick will be our natural pick, so the comp pick for losing the free agent will be by definition a lower pick.

Archived