CB Sam Beal selected by Giants in 3rd Round of Supplemental Draft- Out for Season

Acgott

2 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Don't know much about him but would have liked to have held on to our third round pick. He better play major minutes.

Why would you rather wait a year for a player than get immediate impact and development now? Don't fall in love with those future picks.

16 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

If he makes an immediate impact then he would be worth it. I will always be in love with our future picks from the first three round because those are the rounds you are supposed to draft  your best players. 

I'm sure he will get plenty of opportunities with how poor our CB depth is.

We have some questions at corner going into the season.  Jenkins has the homicide in the family hanging over his head.  Eli Apple is a big question mark after last season.  So getting a guy that was thought to possibly be a 1st round pick next year is fine by me.

On 7/15/2018 at 9:28 AM, Gmen said:

We have some questions at corner going into the season.  Jenkins has the homicide in the family hanging over his head.  Eli Apple is a big question mark after last season.  So getting a guy that was thought to possibly be a 1st round pick next year is fine by me.

My line of thinking here

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Someone didn't do research...

Agreed.  The supplemental draft is something I don't really follow are even care about, but you'd think he had to clear a physical.  Did this injury happen while with the Giants or was it something he was hiding prior to?  These guys aren't even allowed to make contact yet are they?  I know he's a little thin so the injury risk is elevated but wow.  Wonder if we start looking for a replacement in FA.  Perhaps resigning DRC, still think he has plenty to offer.

Archived