Jump to content
drd23

WC Semi Final #2 - Croatia vs England

Recommended Posts

Just now, TedLavie said:

As I don't watch a ton of PL who would you consider as a better CB ? I have Ramos, Varane, Umtiti, Pique, Godin, Silva, Chiellini, Hummels and Boateng for sure, but I'm unsure about the PL guys. 

Just from Liverpool Van Dijk and Gomez, maybe even Matip. Dude was substituted after half an hour versus Tottenham after a fit Harry Kane absolutely ripped him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 6:29 AM, UKTexans said:

Henderson was ok.

And Rashford did his best.

Lingard and Kane could go down a notch or two.

I don't even rate Henderson that much but I think most people underrate his performance for England. He's the most vocal leader the team has. He might actually be the only vocal guy that was playing. So while as an individual he might not have been great, the team certainly player better when he was in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

I don't even rate Henderson that much but I think most people underrate his performance for England. He's the most vocal leader the team has. He might actually be the only vocal guy that was playing. So while as an individual he might not have been great, the team certainly player better when he was in.

He's not the most talented, but he makes the most of what he has.

He has been left on an island by Southgate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UKTexans said:

He's not the most talented, but he makes the most of what he has.

He has been left on an island by Southgate.

Exactly. I've just seen a lot of people being down on Henderson and placing a lot of the blame on his play and its a little head scratching to me. You blame the big time players who didn't perform. You don't blame the guy you know isn't the most talented to begin with who works his *** off regardless every minute he's on the pitch and helps push the other players too.

 

And on the topic of EPL CB I'd rate over Lovren other than all the Liverpool CBs who are better,  Azpiilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen, Vertonghen, Alderweild. Thats just off the top of my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

And on the topic of EPL CB I'd rate over Lovren other than all the Liverpool CBs who are better,  Azpiilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen, Vertonghen, Alderweild. Thats just off the top of my head.

Bailly, Kompany, Tarkowski, Koscielny..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UKTexans said:

Bailly, Kompany, Tarkowski, Koscielny..

Davinson Sanchez also. Lovren is genuinely trash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kempus said:

Davinson Sanchez also. Lovren is genuinely trash. 

Michael Keane, Alfie Mawson, Jamaal Lascelles, Harry Maguire, Johnny Evans, Lewis Dunk, Ryan Shawcross, Nacho Monreal, Nicolas Otamendi. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×