WC Semi Final #2 - Croatia vs England

drd23

Perisic clearly MOTM.  Well deserved win for Croatia.  England just didn't have the midfield to get it done.  Henderson and Lingard are simply not good enough.   Credit to England for nearly getting it done even with Kane disappearing.  I hope he gets slated like Sterling has been the entire tournament.  Love seeing a new team break through.

Three days to get ready for Croatia, though they've played the equivalent of one game more in the last week. If they can get fit I give them a 35% change against France. World Cup finals tend to be decided by one moment. With their talent and freshness I give France a better chance of getting the chance but these are also close affairs so you can never rule it out. 

2 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Proud of the team. Played with heart and composure. Lacked quality in midfield and at the finish. It's a young team, hopefully, they continue to improve. 

I pulled up England's wikipedia to see recent call ups after seeing how bad their midfield was earlier in the tournament.  Even those options are terrible.  Is there any midfield talent coming up?

Archived