WC Semi Final #2 - Croatia vs England

drd23

Just now, drd23 said:

That's as much a penalty as the one given to Kane in the Colombia game imo (i.e neither of them are)

That would have been a harsh call. Don't disagree with you about the Kane one but I dont think it's really relevant to the decision in this match.

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

That would have been a harsh call. Don't disagree with you about the Kane one but I dont think it's really relevant to the decision in this match.

The analyst on the half time show here literally just said "that was a penalty on Lovren.  Maguire pulled him down, jut like Kane has been twice already this tournanment"

He's wrong, as he frequently is, but I could easily see Lovren arguing the same thing out there

Just now, PAW said:

There has been 0 consistency on penalties called for holding in the box.  It has to be infuriating for players.

There never is though. I do think VAR will eventually help stamp out holding in the box in diving but its going to take a concentrated effort to do so.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

Ugh, people are insane. Why does everyone throw their beer?? Now everyone is standing out in the sun, in the middle of a packed crowd, sticky with beer, WITH NO BEER.

Yeah I completely agree. That looks so unappealing to me. If it's a late goal then maybe I get it but to be standing covered in beer for 86 minutes sounds awful. 

Imagine... It’s 2028. Harry Kane has still never won a domestic trophy nor anything in European play. However, he rode his tin boot from 3 penalties at the World Cup and captaining England to its second Cup and his Premier League goal scoring to a spot in the top 10 English footballers ever... It’s gonna happen.

Just now, dotmotion said:

Perisic was so close to killing walker with a head shot 

I'm ok with it. Walker put his head down. Pretty much waist level. I loathe the idea that the same act is ok or a foul based on whether an opponent decides to use his foot, pelvis, or head. It needs to be a set line like hockey. Above it, bad; below it fair play.

Archived