Worst Groups in Football

BleedTheClock

31 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Who are they?

Houston's OL is my vote.

Yeah, I was actually going to say the TE group - but the OL is a huge question mark. Zach Fulton and Senio Kelemete could fortify the inside, Julie'n Davenport was steadily improving last season and has the tools to be a solid LT, but RT is a huge question mark.

There's a glimmer of hope (a very faint glimmer) but TE? Total mess right now.

Shoutout to Cowboys TEs. 

Undrafted Blake Jarwin, 6th rounder Geoff Swaim, 5th rounder Dalton Shultz, Basketball project Rico Gathers.

They all combine for a career 9 catches 94 yards and 0 TDs.

So between us and Houston, the best TE in Texas is probably playing at UT or A&M

Behind a 35 year old Brent Grimes we have a disappointing Vernon Hargreaves, fourth round pick from a couple years ago Ryan Smith, and some rookies/second year guys.

At safety we have Chris Conte and last years second round pick Justin Evans projected to start with veteran Keith Tandy and rookie Jordan Whitehead behind them.

Our secondary overall is pretty bad/inexperienced sans Bounce.

19 minutes ago, DistantRam said:

Our LB corps is totally unproven. Still, in Wade we trust. 

I agree but I think that’s mostly by design. Wade doesn’t put a lot of stock in stud LB’ers. Really if you stop to think about it, all the great LB’ers that Wade had he inherited them. The ones that ended up making a name for themselves while Wade was there is different. Like I think Kizer, Okoronkwo, Longacre, Ebukam, and Littleton. They could make a name for themselves in Wade scheme but they aren’t household names at this time. Again that’s how Wade want it to be. His scheme is cornerback centered. That means play man to man across the board, press the QB constantly and force the QB to make mistakes. The Rams defense is set up that way now with the additions. So I look forward to seeing the LB’ers make a name for themselves because they have easy jobs with the DL and DBs being so talented and making their lives so easy.

17 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Behind a 35 year old Brent Grimes we have a disappointing Vernon Hargreaves, fourth round pick from a couple years ago Ryan Smith, and some rookies/second year guys.

At safety we have Chris Conte and last years second round pick Justin Evans projected to start with veteran Keith Tandy and rookie Jordan Whitehead behind them.

Our secondary overall is pretty bad/inexperienced sans Bounce.

What about Carolina?  

Archived