Make The Case For Why Your Team Will And Won’t Have A Sucessful 2018 Season? Best And Worst Case Scenario?

stl4life07

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

You gotta chill with the Kool Aid, dude. Our depth is improved, but we still will struggle to survive injuries at certain positions. And if Goff gets injured, we're screwed. Our worst case scenario is well below the playoffs. We have to make sure we keep Goff healthy. If he stays healthy and upright, I expect we'll be okay. It seems like he's still being sold short.

Did you read where I said injuries could derail the Rams season? You basically repeating what I’ve been saying. I never said the Rams were invincible. I’m saying barring serious injuries the Rams win the division and make the playoffs and in a best case scenario they make a deep run in the playoffs.

39 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Did you read where I said injuries could derail the Rams season? You basically repeating what I’ve been saying. I never said the Rams were invincible. I’m saying barring serious injuries the Rams win the division and make the playoffs and in a best case scenario they make a deep run in the playoffs.

Read your "worst case scenario" for the Rams:

On 7/12/2018 at 7:53 PM, stl4life07 said:

Worst case scenario - Rams wins the NFCW but gets the 3 or 4 seed and either win one game in the playoffs and get bounced in the divisional round OR have a repeat of last season and get bounced in the wild card round.

@jrry32 You overlooked my “reason the Rams won’t be successful”. My worst case scenario doesn’t take into account any serious injuries. Just typical injuries that will occur from a long grueling season but nothing crippling. So if the Rams stay relatively healthy the worst case scenario is to still win the NFCW but get bounced in the wildcard round or the divisional round. Now everyone “worst case scenario” is different. Your worst case scenario is the Rams suffer crippling injuries that could derail the team. My worst case scenario is the Rams have injuries but they aren’t bad enough to cripple the team and they manage somehow but the schedule is tougher and the Rams don’t get a 1 or 2 seed and exit early in the playoffs like they did in 2017. Afterall the division isn’t that tough where the Rams can’t overcome if the injuries don’t hit them too hard. That’s basically what I’m saying.

7 hours ago, UKTexans said:

@stl4life07 worst case scenario means, in the event your best players get injured etc.

In general yes. But I didn’t ask “in general” I asked “for you to make a case”? It’s in your opinion. So since you are a Texans fan, you might say your worst case scenario is Watson and Hopkins gets hurt and the team suffers. Another Texans fan says worst case scenario is both players stay healthy but Watson has a sophomore slump and Hopkins has a 2016 season type season and the team suffers from it. Because every worst case scenario isn’t always best player getting hurt although that’s generally what we think. The Chargers worst case scenario last year wasn’t necessarily injuries because they still had Rivers, Gordon, Henry, Bosa, heck even Allen stayed relatively healthy for most if not all the season, it was special teams losing games for them early on in the season. Dallas worst case scenario last year wasn’t necessarily injuries it was that Dak was having a sophomore slump, Zeke suspension being a distraction then happening in the heart of the season and Dez never got on the right page Dak like he was with Romo. But on the flip side, the Seahawks and Redskins worst case scenario was they suffered a ton of injuries that both teams won 7 and 9 games respectively. Had they didn’t suffer all those injuries maybe they could’ve reached 10 wins and either made real noise or made the playoffs. So again, in general worst case scenario for any team is injury but we know that’s not always the case that doesn’t mean one person opinion isn’t injury and another person opinion isn’t something else.

Jets:

Success: If Darnold steps up and grabs the starting job in TC, our OL stays healthy, and our defense takes another step up with the additions to the DL, LB, and Trumaine Johnson.

Failure:  Darnold isn't ready, TB is not the same and Josh must play a large part of the season.

I think the Jets are in position to start trending towards the playoffs if Darnold is who we think and they spend wisely next offseason with all that cap.  This could be the last year of Brady at his best so the Jets are the team that could be the team to knock the Pats off the top of the AFC east if things go well this year and next offseason.

49ers success 

Jimmy G continues to ball out, the offensive line improves with addition of Richburg, and mcglinchey. We actually have a pass catching RB who fits Kyle's scheme. The 3 first round pick Dlineman we have start producing and stay healthy. Foster comes back from suspension with vengeance and stops getting injured every game. Sherman is Sherman balls out. We win 10 games make wildcard make a run at the Superbowl play the Patriots, Jimmy G knocks out Tom brady. Brady retires, Michael Jordan crying face is plastered on belichick face all over Twitter.

49ers Failure

Jimmy G cant figure out how to throw a deep ball. Our oline falls apart can't gel together. Our RB who can catch can't run the ball. Buckner is the only Dlineman who's actually good everyone else injured not able to pass rushers. Foster comes back from injury but keeps getting dinged up misses games. Sherman not himself coming off his Achilles injury. We end up winning 4-6 games.

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

49ers success 

Jimmy G continues to ball out, the offensive line improves with addition of Richburg, and mcglinchey. We actually have a pass catching RB who fits Kyle's scheme. The 3 first round pick Dlineman we have start producing and stay healthy. Foster comes back from suspension with vengeance and stops getting injured every game. Sherman is Sherman balls out. We win 10 games make wildcard make a run at the Superbowl play the Patriots, Jimmy G knocks out Tom brady. Brady retires, Michael Jordan crying face is plastered on belichick face all over Twitter.

49ers Failure

Jimmy G cant figure out how to throw would a deep ball. Our oline fall apart can't get together. Our RB who can catch can't run the ball. Buckner is the only Dlineman who's actually good everyone else injured not able to pass rushers. Foster comes back from injury but keeps getting dinged up misses games. Sherman not himself coming off his Achilles injury. We end up winning 4-6 games.

Low key this would be the goat non-packers sports moment for me

On 7/14/2018 at 4:34 PM, stl4life07 said:

I don’t think Brees will regress that bad and the only way the Saints be so bad that they start to be in the conversation for #1 pick is if Brees get hurt and misses a ton of games if not the entire season.

Which is what my worst case scenario was ;)

On 7/13/2018 at 4:23 PM, UKTexans said:

Houston Texans

Why we will succeed: Watson stays healthy.

Why we won't succeed: Our patchwork offensive line sends Watson to IR.

Best case scenario: Top 5 offense and defense leads us to a 12+ win season and a top berth in the AFC.

Worst case scenario: Watt is toast, Watson goes down and we finish 4-12 and BOB is sent packing.

Texans are my July-pick for most interesting team to watch play out. Not sure any other team has quite the boom-bust potential.

Archived