Potential Josh Gordon issue? *Will he report by Aug. 7th???*

buno67

Not sure how disliking a player, because he has sh.t all over your favorite team is somehow translated to someone is actually wishing ill will towards a player????  I was quite vocal, and was in a ton of arguments a few years back when this ish first started with Gordon.  I hate to say I told ya so....but.......

Now I hope like hell that he is ok as a person, and can actually contribute to the team I root for....but let's not act like most of you were wrong when it comes to Josh Gordon

Here is a sample of what I used to hear

Gordon doesn't have a problem....(people actually said that...until Gordon himself said HE HAD A PROBLEM)

All the pot heads on here were trying to defend the actual use of marijuana, and that Josh was being persecuted unfairly (even though the rules about drug use are pretty well spelled out)

And please forgive those that actually would like to see more than 1 full season of awesome play before we crown him the goat.

THe more and more I think about it, I think Josh is a troubled guy. I don't want to label him as good or bad. We would never of heard of him if he were moderately talented. He is freakishy talented and the chances are we will never see a WR like him play for the Browns. 
I sure hope we get 2-3 seasons out of him and he overcomes his troubles. He is at an age where if he is going to recover by 40 it is now. 

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Buno does a victory lap.

How is it a victory lap? Aug 7th will prove if he was avoiding HBO or not. Doesn’t prove if he was in rehab for support or because he failed another drug test m

14 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

What happens if he doesn't show by 7th august?

It’s a big deadline for contract stuff. If he doesn’t report by the 7th, he loses accrued offseason on his contract I believe is what I read. I believe it would stop him from being an unrestricted free agent next offseason. For someone who wants more than a vet minimum type contract, is a big deadline date. 

Aug 7th just rules on it he was missing camp to avoid Hardknocks because that be dumb AF to cost yourself that kind of money because of cameras.

49 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It’s a big deadline for contract stuff. If he doesn’t report by the 7th, he loses accrued offseason on his contract I believe is what I read. I believe it would stop him from being an unrestricted free agent next offseason. For someone who wants more than a vet minimum type contract, is a big deadline date. 

Aug 7th just rules on it he was missing camp to avoid Hardknocks because that be dumb AF to cost yourself that kind of money because of cameras.

Is this correct?

Isnt 6 games lol that’s needed to accrue a season?

And I’m pretty sure even if he accrues the season he’s a restricted fa next year.

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is this correct?

Isnt 6 games lol that’s needed to accrue a season?

And I’m pretty sure even if he accrues the season he’s a restricted fa next year.

It’s something with accruing the offseason time as well. 

This is what I just found. 

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2018-19-important-nfl-dates/

this is where the Aug 7th date come from  

There is another parameter for gaining an Accrued Season in the new CBA. Any player under contract with a team that fails to report within 30 days prior to the first regular season game will not receive a season towards free agency.”

https://in2theleague.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/nfl-cba-series-credited-vs-accrued-seasons/

sorry I believe he would be another Exclusive Rights Free Agent again

I think a small chance an issue could be made becuase of his manager. Didn’t his manager last year, Michae Johnson, say something during an interview or it become known that he didn’t want Gordon talking to much about himself and his process back into the NFL because they want to save it for a tell all book/documentary and capitalize on it. If Gordon is on Hardknocks, IMO they prolly want to turn it into a feel good aspect of him turning his career around. If HBO does that, it takes away what the manager wants to do. Maybe the manager told him to sit out and report to camp as late as possible hence another reason the Aug 7th date is important. 

This speculation was so something I heard today on the radio

Archived