Potential Josh Gordon issue? *Will he report by Aug. 7th???*

buno67

2 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

In level 3 if the NFL program he can be tested 10 times a month and is subject to further treatment at the desecration of the NFL. 

Maybe (hopefully) this has something to do with hard knocks and the NFL not wanting Josh Gordon to be the center of the TV series. 

So they’d rather he miss training camp? Nah

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Hopefully he was just getting the itch and wanted to check in for support so nothing happens. 

This would be the best case scenario...but being the cynical Browns fan that I am, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

9 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

That's a great point, Otto

nah I thought the HK thing too, but it doesnt make sense its a bigger deal now with him missing it

This is agent talk 

he's finally done 

but great thing we still have Landry, Coleman, Callaway, Njocku, and Devalve 

lets sign Eli if hes healthy and lets move on

this is actually done now glad to put it behind us 

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

nah I thought the HK thing too, but it doesnt make sense its a bigger deal now with him missing it

This is agent talk 

he's finally done 

but great thing we still have Landry, Coleman, Callaway, Njocku, and Devalve 

lets sign Eli if hes healthy and lets move on

this is actually done now glad to put it behind us 

If it is another failed test - the truth will come out and you are probably right - either via the NFL or the team - he would probably be done. But he is such a difference maker that I am taking him at his word that this is part of his wellness maintenance plan.

Besides, the SECOND that we would release him, he would get picked up elsewhere, the suspension would magically disappear, and hello All Pro status.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Probably not, but if he’s been working with Taylor all offseason I’m sure they’ll put it together quickly, both are vets.

Different because they still need time together with defenders pressing him and learning where to throw the ball where he likes it when there is actually a defender on him or see how sloppy is routes might get when he is being covered. 

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Different because they still need time together with defenders pressing him and learning where to throw the ball where he likes it when there is actually a defender on him or see how sloppy is routes might get when he is being covered. 

I get that, but they don’t need months to figure that out.

Besides, a healthy Gordon is a cheat code anyway.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get that, but they don’t need months to figure that out.

Besides, a healthy Gordon is a cheat code anyway.

Don’t need months but you need time. This could carry over into the season. Hell missing too much time will impact the first quarter of the season

The NFL spokesperson came out and said he is not in trouble and is not a result of a failed test.

Knowing that, this timing is just super weird. Maybe he is just experiencing some anxiety and uneasiness so he decided to take a step back for a few weeks to made sure nothing happens.

It occurred to me, if Corbett or Harrison pan out as good, future Left tackle, we won't have any glaring holes on our roster come the draft. Maybe we pull the trigger on an OBJ trade using our first rounder.

Just a thought. If we get OBJ, potentially losing Flash isn't so devastating.

Perhaps he was starting to feel the pressure of a potential relapse since the NFL says he is not in trouble for a drug test.  There are those in life that just can't escape their demons and unfortunatley, Josh Gordon may be one of them.

Peace!!!

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The NFL spokesperson came out and said he is not in trouble and is not a result of a failed test.

Knowing that, this timing is just super weird. Maybe he is just experiencing some anxiety and uneasiness so he decided to take a step back for a few weeks to made sure nothing happens.

Pretty sure legally the NFL can’t say anything like that. They can’t say if he passes or failed a drug test because of hippa I believe

Archived