Who was faster? Chris Johnson or Randy Moss

mdonnelly21

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who was faster?

About as close as you can get, but I’d go Chris Johnson by a hair. 

Only because I think his get-off was a little bit better than Randy’s and in a foot race, that’d be the difference even if Moss had a higher top speed (I’m not even sure he does).

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

About as close as you can get, but I’d go Chris Johnson by a hair. 

Only because I think his get-off was a little bit better than Randy’s and in a foot race, that’d be the difference even if Moss had a higher top speed (I’m not even sure he does).

The poll backs up that statement. And I'm pretty certain that these are the two fastest guys I've ever watched on a football field. Maybe Trindon Holliday is in this group as well. 

13 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

The poll backs up that statement. And I'm pretty certain that these are the two fastest guys I've ever watched on a football field. Maybe Trindon Holliday is in this group as well. 

There may be a little homer in this, but I have to go with Tyreek Hill here.

I want to say he's fast than Moss. But Moss also made it look so effortless at times and I don't recall him always pulling away from pursuing defenders.

4 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Moss got walked down from behind by Terence Newman. I can't recall Johnson ever being caught. 

Moss had to slow down for the pass while Newman was already going full speed. Plus Newman was a track star in college. 

Depends on what's being asked. If it's a straight race down the field, you can definitely make an argument for Moss. The 4.24 forty got all of the attention, but the special part of CJ's game was the acceleration. I'm not sure anybody was ever faster for the first 15-20 yards. In open space, 40+ yards downfield, he was obviously very fast, but not historically so. It was his ability to hit a hole and get to top speed insanely quickly that made him such a threat at all times. On his long runs, he would usually put distance between himself and defenders within 20 yards of the LOS and would hold, rather than extend, that gap the rest of the way.

On 15/07/2018 at 12:40 AM, titans0021 said:

Depends on what's being asked. If it's a straight race down the field, you can definitely make an argument for Moss. The 4.24 forty got all of the attention, but the special part of CJ's game was the acceleration. I'm not sure anybody was ever faster for the first 15-20 yards. In open space, 40+ yards downfield, he was obviously very fast, but not historically so. It was his ability to hit a hole and get to top speed insanely quickly that made him such a threat at all times. On his long runs, he would usually put distance between himself and defenders within 20 yards of the LOS and would hold, rather than extend, that gap the rest of the way.

Bit like Usain Bolt vs Asafa Powell.

Archived