World Cup Third Place Play-off - Belgium vs England - 14th July

drd23

15 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

The talent gap on display was huge. England have progressed but they are still miles and miles off.

And Gary Neville is soooo salty it’s unbelievable regarding Croatia

I think England actually had some nice moments. But defensively were so naive.

Rashford, Delph and Jones were absolute pants.

20 minutes ago, UKTexans said:

I think England actually had some nice moments. But defensively were so naive.

Rashford, Delph and Jones were absolute pants.

In the second half got into a couple dangerous areas and had some decent spells of possession but overall very little. This squad is just average. Yes they’re young but don’t I don’t see anything brewing from this team. Harry Kane is the only players in 2-4 years being worthy enough of being on the big stage and we’ve seen how Harry Kane has performed on these big stages so far. 

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

In the second half got into a couple dangerous areas and had some decent spells of possession but overall very little. This squad is just average. Yes they’re young but don’t I don’t see anything brewing from this team. Harry Kane is the only players in 2-4 years being worthy enough of being on the big stage and we’ve seen how Harry Kane has performed on these big stages so far. 

That's not fair at all.

Pickford, Trippier & Maguire have all be impressive.

There's nothing to say in 2-4 years time Stones won't have developed after a few years of regular CL knock out football.

Alli has been off colour all season but will come back stronger.

Sterling & Lingard still have room to develop, but even if they don't we have a whole batch of young players waiting to break through.

Ultimately we were missing experience in the back three, not just in age but experience in playing in a back three, Kyle Walker had never even played CB before. We were missing a creative driving force from the middle, Henderson is solid but we need a huge upgrade if we are going to compete. And we need a left back that can compliment Trippier.

58 minutes ago, UKTexans said:

That's not fair at all.

Pickford, Trippier & Maguire have all be impressive.

There's nothing to say in 2-4 years time Stones won't have developed after a few years of regular CL knock out football.

Alli has been off colour all season but will come back stronger.

Sterling & Lingard still have room to develop, but even if they don't we have a whole batch of young players waiting to break through.

Ultimately we were missing experience in the back three, not just in age but experience in playing in a back three, Kyle Walker had never even played CB before. We were missing a creative driving force from the middle, Henderson is solid but we need a huge upgrade if we are going to compete. And we need a left back that can compliment Trippier.

I never said they haven’t all played well. Theyre just not good enough comparatively speaking to the better teams which is what you guys are aspiring for, right?

Stones is so overhyped. Yes he still has time to develop but I don’t think he’ll ever be good enough and he will be one who will get caught out against better opposition. Sterling I actually was gonna include with Kane as a promising player but he’s to frustrating. Lingard, nope not good enough. Alli has been overrated for some time now. Solid player. 

These players can get better (even though for a lot of them I don’t seeing any significant improvements by Next tournament) but you’re also forgetting that other teams around them aren’t just gonna stand pat and I trust foreign players in developing much more than I do the English players

Archived