Who Will Be The Worst Team in the NFL?

AlNFL19

Who Will Be The NFL's Worst?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will hold the No. 1 overall draft pick in 2019? (Team Super Bowl odds according to Bovada in parentheses)

• New York Jets (200-1)
    • Miami Dolphins (150-1)
    • Chicago Bears (100-1)
    • Cincinnati Bengals (100-1)
    • Buffalo Bills (100-1)
    • Arizona Cardinals (100-1)
    • Cleveland Browns (80-1)
    • Washington (75-1)
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (70-1)
    • Indianapolis Colts (70-1)
    • Seattle Seahawks (60-1)
    • Detroit Lions (55-1)
    • Baltimore Ravens (55-1)
    • Tennessee Titans (45-1)
    • Denver Broncos (40-1)
    • Carolina Panthers (35-1)
    • Dallas Cowboys (33-1)
    • New York Giants (33-1)
    • Kansas City Chiefs (30-1)
    • Other (Please Specify)

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I honestly cant name a single person on the Jets roster other than Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams, Quincy Enunwa and the other little fast receiver that was solid last year

Add Bilal Powell, Isiah Crowell, Brian Winters, Demario Davis, Leonard Williams.

Is that grounds for the worst record though?

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

That would be impressive having the #1 and #2 picks in a draft. Also having two 0-16 teams in a single season would take a little of the sting off of the Browns winless season last year.

We will take 2 QBs back-to-back.  Gotta make sure that we have a guy with elite collar bone stability.  

Voted Colts.... because I have zero faith in Luck's health and they're roster feels as bad as Green Bays without their QB

That being said, Buffalo doesn't have a QB worth putting on the field and is the worst before considering injuries....I just think Luck's health being an issue is more likely than it isn't so I put the Colts at the top (err bottom). I'd be shocked in Buffalo wasn't picking top 5, however.

Denver and Seattle are two teams primed to nosedive drastically.... Denver via not having a QB, and Seattle via apparently having to rely on theirs to put the team on his back.

If injuries show up:

Green Bay I feel could arguably have the worst overall team in the league when Rodgers isn't in the game, and if A-Rod went down in week 1 with another collarbone, then Green Bay would instantly jump to the top of the list for teams likely to be bottom feeders (or maybe just tied with the Colts)

13 hours ago, Ajayii said:

Add Bilal Powell, Isiah Crowell, Brian Winters, Demario Davis, Leonard Williams.

Is that grounds for the worst record though?

Ahh, yes Bilal Powell and Crowell. Davis is on the Saints now. So yea, still grounds for worst team considering Leonard Williams is not good, neither is Crowell or Enunwa. The headline players on that team are Jamall Adams, Bilal Powell and Robbie Anderson. Your in for a baaaad time. 

That Jets team is a 1-3 win team.

40 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ahh, yes Bilal Powell and Crowell. Davis is on the Saints now. So yea, still grounds for worst team considering Leonard Williams is not good, neither is Crowell or Enunwa. The headline players on that team are Jamall Adams, Bilal Powell and Robbie Anderson. Your in for a baaaad time. 

That Jets team is a 1-3 win team.

Forgot about David going to NO. Leonard William's is one of the better 3-4 DE in the league.

17 hours ago, Epyon said:

Denver and Seattle are two teams primed to nosedive drastically.... Denver via not having a QB, and Seattle via apparently having to rely on theirs to put the team on his back.

You are half right. Seattle will nosedive, but Denver will improve because of the players that they have added (not just Keenum. I'm not sure about him yet).

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:44 AM, cddolphin said:

lol

here is each division's win % against non-division teams since 2001:

Fo9FOMW.png

(you can basically throw out 2001, as that was before the divisional re-alignment)

Man, 2014 in the NFCS was a mess.

On 7/22/2018 at 6:09 AM, BAConrad said:

I

Kansas City (8.5 wins)

-I think this number is a bit of an overreaction to the addition of Sammy Watkins to a dynamic skill position group on offense (Kelce, Hunt, Hill). But RBs and WRs are arguably the least important positions on the either side of the ball. They have a suspect OL and a QB who has literally had one game in which he has played and people think hes just going to look like that or better every week as the full-time starter. Ive never been a Mahomes fan (I love his athleticism and arm but I value those two things much less than things like decision making, awareness, accuracy, ability to read defenses before the snap and adjust accordingly, ability to go through reads and be patient in the pocket, etc.). And the latter are all traits that Ive never seen Mahomes show at Texas Tech or in his one season (or one game) in the league. I think he is being insanely overrated and his errant throws and boneheaded decision making will leave KC fans actually pining for Alex Smith to come back. And the defense just lost a top 3 corner in the league, and is probably the worst its been overall since like 2014 or so. I see maybe 5 wins and maybe even worse.

Doesn't sound like youve watched much Mahomes. 

As far as the defense well thats up in the air. That could be our downfall.

On 7/24/2018 at 9:27 PM, BleedTheClock said:

That's fine to feel that way, but our roster in no way, shape, or form screams #1 pick bad. We are at worst, middle of the pack in terms of pure talent. Could injuries, terrible coaching, and underperforming players cripple our season? Absolutely. But on paper, this team doesn't belong anywhere near the #1 pick.

Can't fault anyone for picking them given our track record, but IMO, there are so many teams in much worse situations than we are.

I totally get where you're coming from, but the Browns have almost always had more talent than their record indicated.  Call it what you will; Team chemistry, coaching, etc..., but for some reason, the Browns have not been able to use their talent effectively.  Until they prove everyone wrong, I can't blame anyone for saying the Browns will pick #1 again.

As a side note, I secretly root for them(when not playing the 9ers) because of their loyal fanbase and bad track record.  Y'all deserve some medals or something.  lol

11 hours ago, Ataal said:

I totally get where you're coming from, but the Browns have almost always had more talent than their record indicated.

Yeah, but we've never had even a top 20 QB. I am not a giant Tyrod fan, but he's easily the most proven and best QB we've had since we have been back. Plus we have the #1 pick at QB who might end up becoming a superstar (theoretically a #1 pick should be).

Call it what you will; Team chemistry, coaching, etc..., but for some reason, the Browns have not been able to use their talent effectively.  Until they prove everyone wrong, I can't blame anyone for saying the Browns will pick #1 again.

I can dig this, but last year they had some glaring holes that I don't think any coach would have been able to fix. We had atrocious DB's and our worst QB since our inception. Those two things have been completely fixed (theoretically), but I suppose those things could crumble and continue to be a thorn in our side. The lack of DB talent and even moreso, the QB play, were the two major downfalls of the team last season. There are no glaring needs on this roster right now, which is something that has never been said about the Browns. Where they might not be great they at least have a solid starter. We could maybe use an upgrade at DT or LT, but I don't think those are going to be glaring holes that cost us games this season. We'll have to see and like I said, I don't really blame people for taking the wait & see approach with a team that's been this bad for this long.

As a side note, I secretly root for them(when not playing the 9ers) because of their loyal fanbase and bad track record.  Y'all deserve some medals or something.  lol

You should. Every Browns fan should set up a PayPal account and on Sundays opposing teams that got to watch actual NFL teams can donate money to support us.

23 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah, but we've never had even a top 20 QB.

I'm sorry to say this, but you still don't.  Oh, Tyrod is a significant improvement, but you've gone from the worst in the league QB wise to merely bottom five or bottom seven.  Now, it's possible the surrounding talent around Tyrod could elevate him, but that's far less likely if Josh Gordon gets suspended.  Especially with Hue running the show. 

6 hours ago, Crickett said:

I'm sorry to say this, but you still don't.  Oh, Tyrod is a significant improvement, but you've gone from the worst in the league QB wise to merely bottom five or bottom seven.  Now, it's possible the surrounding talent around Tyrod could elevate him, but that's far less likely if Josh Gordon gets suspended.  Especially with Hue running the show. 

lol you think Tyrod Taylor is one of the worst 5 starting QB's in the NFL? I hated when we traded for him, but this is just stupid.

23 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

lol you think Tyrod Taylor is one of the worst 5 starting QB's in the NFL? I hated when we traded for him, but this is just stupid.

Do you really disagree with the top 20 claim though?

Best case he’s around ~18th, and that’s if you’re taking him over Jameis, Mariota, Tannehill, Eli, Bradford, Garropolo, Bortles, and all the first year starters.

I like Tyrod and think he’s an average QB but he just happens to fall behind in terms of rankings.

Archived