World Cup Final - France vs Croatia (Sunday 15th July, 11am US EST)

drd23

Who will win the World Cup?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the World Cup?

• France
    • Croatia
    • Football will be the winner!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2018 at 03:19 PM

1 hour ago, TheChancellor said:

Absolutely gutted but so proud of this team. Never thought I would be able to experience this journey in my lifetime and to see my country so united in togetherness and belief once again.

I have no more words, not tonight.

Proud to be Croatian.

You should. Croatia was BY FAR the best opponent we played. Honestly the 1st half was a matter of luck and a ref decision that was pretty bad. Fatigue played a role in the 2nd half but Croatia was a formidable opponent

4 hours ago, PAW said:

Just for fun, my team of the tournament:

Courtois
Mario Fernandes - Godin - Varane - Marcelo
Kante - Modric
Mbappe - KDB - Hazard
Neymar

Competition for GK and RB was close.  Griezmann and Lukaku were unlucky but Neymar was better (when he wasn't rolling around on the ground)

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Pavard/Sidibe. It sounds silly to say that this team is overcrowded.

Just some young names to watch out for: Kimpembe, Lenglet, Aouar, Nkunku, N’Dombele, Samson, Theo Hernandez, Mukiele. Loaded.

I don't consider Pavard a RB.  I barely consider Lucas Hernandez a LB and he's a far better FB than Pavard is.  Both are CBs imo, a position at which France is absolutely stacked with youth at.

Only two of that list you mentioned that imo not somewhat aware of are Samson and Mukiele

Best team in the tournament won. I'm happy for Lloris. Alwayd good to have the world cup winning captain on your team. Also, I wonder if Lovren is still claiming to be one of the best in the world? Haha

5 hours ago, drd23 said:

I don't consider Pavard a RB.  I barely consider Lucas Hernandez a LB and he's a far better FB than Pavard is.  Both are CBs imo, a position at which France is absolutely stacked with youth at.

Only two of that list you mentioned that imo not somewhat aware of are Samson and Mukiele

I mean he just played a whole tournament there even though he plays as CB for his club. Besides it’s not a new position for him. He’s played there for his club too. You’re right though they’re absolutely stacked at centre half.

8 hours ago, TheChancellor said:

Absolutely gutted but so proud of this team. Never thought I would be able to experience this journey in my lifetime and to see my country so united in togetherness and belief once again.

I have no more words, not tonight.

Proud to be Croatian.

word up my dude, feel exactly the same, insanely proud of the boys

@TedLavie congratulations to you though, france earned it on the night. i feel that you could well argue croatia were the better team in many aspects of the game except for their finishing and goalkeeping - but if you want to control two aspects of a game those are the two you take - ultimately france were four times as clinical as croatia on the night - and not to mention, five times as lucky, antoine griezmann you diving heck!!?

but what a journey it was for croatia! subasic had a really really bad game - but he was on the one hamstrings and had a heck of a tournament otherwise, and so i feel for him big... anyone laying into him has to lay the heck off imho

i went to the croatian sports club in sydney for the game and the atmosphere was just electric - i'm not a huge soccer fan but i'm proud of my heritage and i'm a huge sports fan, and i have been on croatia the whole tournament, so i had to go. it was so awesome. it had to have been packed to capacity, the bar, the bistro, and where me and my mate were in the party area - the mood in the room right before kickoff when the whole club was in on the HR-VAT-SKA chant was not like any other event i've been to, and it was eclipsed thirty minutes later when perisic got up on the scoresheet

night of the year, easily! 

I hoped that Griezman's dive and the imo wrongly awarded penalty, wouldn't matter as France scored two more goals. 

But today, reading people commenting on it, one wonders how the game would have gone if the ref hadn't been in the tank for France

1 hour ago, The Hitch said:

I hoped that Griezman's dive and the imo wrongly awarded penalty, wouldn't matter as France scored two more goals. 

But today, reading people commenting on it, one wonders how the game would have gone if the ref hadn't been in the tank for France

I don't get the controversy about the first goal tbh. Griezmann dove before getting hit for sure, but he did get hit. To me it's clearly a foul. Second goal was, imho, much more controversial 

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I don't get the controversy about the first goal tbh. Griezmann dove before getting hit for sure, but he did get hit. To me it's clearly a foul. Second goal was, imho, much more controversial 

Griezmann lost his footing and was going down well before Brozovic made contact. I'm 99% sure if they used var there it's not given. 

The fact that he was one of the few actual number 9s that scored in open play, but you are right that he mostly beat up on poor teams.

If I didn't care about an actual formation there'd be 3 or 4 different players in it

Archived