World Cup Final - France vs Croatia (Sunday 15th July, 11am US EST)

drd23

Who will win the World Cup?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the World Cup?

• France
    • Croatia
    • Football will be the winner!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2018 at 03:19 PM

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

And it shouldn't. VAR hasnt been perfect but it's been much more of a good thing than a bad thing. The hate on VAR is idiotic imo.

Yeah there's probably been maybe 5 instances where I haven't agreed with the decision (be that not to review or to give a penalty).

And if it can reduce some of the horribly theatrical diving, like with the overturned Neymar penalty then it'll definitely be a good thing 

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

And it shouldn't. VAR hasnt been perfect but it's been much more of a good thing than a bad thing. The hate on VAR is idiotic imo.

Outside the fact that it clearly missed an offside review in the World Cup Final that could end up deciding the winner. Also consistency has been a huge issue with grabbing on corners. Half the time it’s given half the time it isn’t. Far more games are going to be decided on a PK that would’ve never been called before. 

1 minute ago, PAW said:

Outside the fact that it clearly missed an offside review in the World Cup Final that could end up deciding the winner. Also consistency has been a huge issue with grabbing on corners. Half the time it’s given half the time it isn’t. Far more games are going to be decided on a PK that would’ve never been called before. 

That's not a VAR issue, that's a ref issue. Don't confuse the two. And just because they weren't called before doesn't mean they shouldn't have been.

Just now, mse326 said:

That's not a VAR issue, that's a ref issue. Don't confuse the two. And just because they weren't called before doesn't mean they shouldn't have been.

How it it not a VAR issue? It never went to review.

Watching the replay of the first goal, I'm not convinced that Pogba was off-side - I think he is level with Vrsaljko.  And as for the push, its not worse than the non-call in the Switzerland-Brazil game or any number of other non-calls at set pieces

Just now, PAW said:

How it it not a VAR issue? It never went to review.

I'm not talking about the call today, I'm talking about the inconsistency you referenced regarding holding in the box.

I think VAR missed this one, but that doesn't make it bad, just not perfect.

Archived