World Cup Final - France vs Croatia (Sunday 15th July, 11am US EST)

drd23

Who will win the World Cup?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the World Cup?

• France
    • Croatia
    • Football will be the winner!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2018 at 03:19 PM

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

What?

He's referencing the fact that Deschamps has this France team playing "anti-football" (as Courtois put it).

Its not the most convincing way to win games, but I don't think they'll give a ish if they win

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

I'm not talking about the call today, I'm talking about the inconsistency you referenced regarding holding in the box.

I think VAR missed this one, but that doesn't make it bad, just not perfect.

I would still argue that’s a VAR issue. The definition of using VAR is clear and obvious. So if world class referees disagree over it, how is it clear and obvious?

It can’t afford to miss a call on this stage. 

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Honestly it seems like with Deschamps, he knows he can’t maximise even close to the talent of the squad, so he settles for being a fairly organised team who can hurt you on the counter attack. 

Same thing Portugal does except France is more talented. 2 years ago, Portugal was just more technically sound and disciplined. 

Just now, drd23 said:

He's referencing the fact that Deschamps has this France team playing "anti-football" (as Courtois put it).

Its not the most convincing way to win games, but I don't think they'll give a ish if they win

Anti-football is excessive. They’re not playing the most attractive football but Portugal were horrible. 

2 minutes ago, PAW said:

I would still argue that’s a VAR issue. The definition of using VAR is clear and obvious. So if world class referees disagree over it, how is it clear and obvious?

It can’t afford to miss a call on this stage. 

You theory means any ref issues regarding inconsistency automatically become a VAR issue. I don't buy that.

The issue regarding clear and obvious is an inconsistency issue since it is usually clear as day what happened and the only question is whether it amounts to a foul. That is ref inconsistency in implementing and interpreting the rule, not a VAR issue.

Archived