World Cup Final - France vs Croatia (Sunday 15th July, 11am US EST)

drd23

Who will win the World Cup?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the World Cup?

• France
    • Croatia
    • Football will be the winner!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2018 at 03:19 PM

3 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

Apparently Kante had an illness for the final. Might explain why he looked out of touch.

Must be because even on a yellow card and the game still in balance Deschamps or any manager for that matter wouldn’t take him off. So it makes sense. 

On 7/16/2018 at 12:22 AM, TedLavie said:

You should. Croatia was BY FAR the best opponent we played. Honestly the 1st half was a matter of luck and a ref decision that was pretty bad. Fatigue played a role in the 2nd half but Croatia was a formidable opponent

Thanks for the kind words man. You guys have a hell of a team, there's no doubt about that. It sucks that you didn't win Euros two years ago when you were playing beautiful attacking football, but you learned a lot from that experience and beating Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium on the way to the final is no small feat, so when you say that we were the best team you guys faced, it means a lot.

It's heartbreaking that on the day when we played our best football we ended on the losing side, but that's football - we've got nothing to regret - it just wasn't meant to be.

But yesterday was crazy. One of the best days in the history of our young country. Over 555.000 people went on the streets of Zagreb to welcome our heroes. (That's around 15% of the ENTIRE population).

When they arrived from the airport, it was supposed to be a one hour drive to the main square where me and my fellow Croats were waiting - but there were so many people along the way that they arrived nearly six hours later. Everybody came on the streets waving our flags and showing how proud we are. And that's what sports is.

That was probably the biggest trophy of them all - to be so unified in togetherness, especially since we've been hit hard with political incompetence and economic weakness over the last ten years or so.

What a crazy ride this past month has been. As much as I love football, watching Arsenal every week, this is something that you never know if you'll experience, so most of us still haven't even realized what the hell happened yesterday and in the weeks before in Russia.

Truly a beautiful game, and @Shady Slim my man, glad that you had a great time. Much love to all our Australian people who carry their heritage with them in their hearts - we sent a loud cheer to you guys yesterday on the square too, hope it reached you.

Congratulations to France too. 2 time World champs, and both times Croatia stood in the way - it seems that our football stories just have to be intertwined!

Archived