Rate my Mock Draft Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

10 team league, non-ppr(I know small league and boring setting but its what we have) DST/K is irrelevant imo. I picked 4th

QB: A Smith, Luck

RB: D. Johnson, D. Cook, Lynch, Kerryon

WR: Thielen, Smith-Schuster, Demaryius, M. Goodwin, Benjamin, Shepard

TE: Gronkowski

I am pretty happy with it even though it is a smaller league that everyone should be happy with after the fact. Got 2 strong bell cows, Lynch isn't a half-bad 3rd RB and Kerryon should provide upside while I love my 1st 4 WRs and having Gronkowski/Kelce/Ertz is something i really want. I dont like my QB situation but Smith to start plus Luck's upside is nice imo

10 team non PPR 

QB - M Stafford, A Luck

RB - K Hunt, J MIxon, J Howard, S MIchels, M Mack, D Foreman

WR - D Hopkins, A Cooper, C Davis, P Richardson, J Edelman 

TE - E Engram

I always try to draft around 6 Rbs regardless who i get. i love being deep at that position. QB i usually draft extremely late usually 1 QB and usually cut them and pick up QBs based on match up since i typically have trash at the position. Drafted Stafford then really late Luck was still there and just having him as a option if he can make a come back and be a top 5 QB is worth the late round pickup to me. WR could be deeper, but i like it. I never have the top WR core. If this was my team i feel like i can compete. 

13 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

10 team non PPR 

QB - M Stafford, A Luck

TE - E Engram

I always try to draft around 6 Rbs regardless who i get. i love being deep at that position. QB i usually draft extremely late usually 1 QB and usually cut them and pick up QBs based on match up since i typically have trash at the position. Drafted Stafford then really late Luck was still there and just having him as a option if he can make a come back and be a top 5 QB is worth the late round pickup to me. WR could be deeper, but i like it. I never have the top WR core. If this was my team i feel like i can compete. 

This thread helps when you help too O.o

With that said I really like your 1st 2 picks. You got one of the TEs that go in the 1st half of the Top-10. I like Howard at that point in the draft but not enough to take him earlier so good value there. Mixon and Mack have OLs that have me concerned but what you paid for Mack is worth a roll of the dice. Cooper should be more like the 2016 self than 2017. Davis & Richardson should improve but idk if the Titans/Redskins will throw enough to feed all the mouths they have at RB/WR/TE that will be involved. They should be running quite a bit

10 team non-ppr(really hope my friend increases the league size)

QB: Luck & Stafford

RB: Fournette, Lynch, D. Lewis(not a fan but meh), Miller

WR: Hopkins, Baldwin, Juju, Funchess, Parker

TE: Ertz

My biggest problem with running these mocks is that my friends draft QBs WAY too early and even sometimes draft a backup before i even get a 1st one. Could end up with Mahomes/Bortles at QB. I know the RBs are weak especially in a 10 team league. Hoping to make up for it with 3 WRs that should be legit and a Top-3 TE

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

My biggest problem with running these mocks is that my friends draft QBs WAY too early and even sometimes draft a backup before i even get a 1st one. Could end up with Mahomes/Bortles at QB. I know the RBs are weak especially in a 10 team league. Hoping to make up for it with 3 WRs that should be legit and a Top-3 TE

Honestly if you have to wait on a QB, I love Tribusky this year. I think he takes a step forward. Improved weapons. Better coach. He could be a guy to target late to pair wit Luck. 

Id be real worried with those RBs though. Lewis is probably in a 40/60 time share. Lynch had a rough season. Fournette is very injury prone and got ridden hard last year. I’d try to make a move for another back. 

2 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Honestly if you have to wait on a QB, I love Tribusky this year. I think he takes a step forward. Improved weapons. Better coach. He could be a guy to target late to pair wit Luck. 

Id be real worried with those RBs though. Lewis is probably in a 40/60 time share. Lynch had a rough season. Fournette is very injury prone and got ridden hard last year. I’d try to make a move for another back. 

Lewis is definitely concerning. Lynch had 900-7 with just 200 carries. I expect him tk get more. LF I’m not worried about. He will still be more efficient this year with Norwell blocking

On 7/15/2018 at 10:33 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

10 team league, non-ppr(I know small league and boring setting but its what we have) DST/K is irrelevant imo. I picked 4th

QB: A Smith, Luck

RB: D. Johnson, D. Cook, Lynch, Kerryon

WR: Thielen, Smith-Schuster, Demaryius, M. Goodwin, Benjamin, Shepard

TE: Gronkowski

I am pretty happy with it even though it is a smaller league that everyone should be happy with after the fact. Got 2 strong bell cows, Lynch isn't a half-bad 3rd RB and Kerryon should provide upside while I love my 1st 4 WRs and having Gronkowski/Kelce/Ertz is something i really want. I dont like my QB situation but Smith to start plus Luck's upside is nice imo

DJ, Cook and Gronk is a nice 3 to start (similar to what I'm planning on doing this year).  Taking Thielen/Juju and DT as your next 3 makes for a solid core of WRs.  I'm lower on Thielen this year than most (I'm worried about Cousins deciding he prefers Diggs and vice versa ), but taking him in the 4th is a win.  Not a big fan of the other 3, but as your wr 4/5/6 is no big deal.  Lynch as your number 3 might be abit concerning as he'll be likely filling Cooks or DJs spot on byes.  Would prefer him as a RB 4.

I'm avoiding Luck, but I like pairing the high upside with high floor QBs.

I'd give it a solid B to B+ grade as I like you starting RBs, TE and WRs.  

On 7/18/2018 at 6:20 AM, 49erurtaza said:

10 team non PPR 

QB - M Stafford, A Luck

TE - E Engram

Love your RBs and Wrs (I'm higher on Mixon and Cooper than most).  I like how your bench has a bunch of potential big breakout players too (Michels, Mack, Foreman, Davis) .Not a fan of Engram this year at all though.  I think too many mouths and firmly believe that we are going to see a HUGE amount of Barkley.  Wouldn't be surprised if Engram is the 4th option there behind OBJ, Shepard and Barkley in the passing game.  

Slight knock on your TE and give it an B+ to A-.

On 7/18/2018 at 8:15 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Sorry JC, not a huge fan of this one.  having Lynch and D Lewis (non-ppr) as your RB 2/3 hurts big time.  Like Fournette, but I see a guy going to get run into the ground without the o-line to compensate (unlike Dallas).  Also question his ability to hold up the entire year.   By himself I don't have an issue, but when Lynch, Lewis and Miller will will the void if he's hurt,  then it's not great for me as a collective whole.

Really like your WR in Hopkins, Baldwin and Juju though.  I'm big on Baldwin this year as I see Wilson hucking the ball to him on a regular basis playing from behind...

I'm not a fan of Luck this year, but good with Stafford at QB. Ertz is a good get in the 4th I'm assuming.

C grade as I'm not a fan at all of the RB grouping in it's entirety.  

10 Team 0.5PPR  start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE

QB: Big Ben (11), P. Rivers (12)

RB: S. Barkley (1), D. Freeman (2), D. Guice (5), M. Ingram (6) T. Montgomery (15)

WR: M. Evans (3), J. Gordon (4), G. Tate (7), C Davis (9), R. Cobb (14)

TE: K Rudolph (8)

Def: LA Chargers (10)

K: R. Gould (16)

I'm actually really happy with this.  I picked a defense about 3 rounds earlier than I would have liked, but a bunch of teams auto drafted and I really like 5 defense this year (Chargers are my 5th).  I would have taken Big Ben and Rivers each a round earlier in a different scenario and looked at a defense in round 12 (if my 5 are available) or in round 14 and taken Ravens to stream against Buffalo week 1.

Also would've been quite content taking Guice, Ingram and Tate each a round earlier (two for Tate) than I did according to my own rankings.

Taking Big Ben along with another QB is a big part of my strategy this year.  Love playing him at his home games and playing another solid QB during his away games. 

3 hours ago, 101Raider said:

DJ, Cook and Gronk is a nice 3 to start (similar to what I'm planning on doing this year).  Taking Thielen/Juju and DT as your next 3 makes for a solid core of WRs.  I'm lower on Thielen this year than most (I'm worried about Cousins deciding he prefers Diggs and vice versa ), but taking him in the 4th is a win.  Not a big fan of the other 3, but as your wr 4/5/6 is no big deal.  Lynch as your number 3 might be abit concerning as he'll be likely filling Cooks or DJs spot on byes.  Would prefer him as a RB 4.

I'm avoiding Luck, but I like pairing the high upside with high floor QBs.

I'd give it a solid B to B+ grade as I like you starting RBs, TE and WRs.  

Idk why everyone seems so down on Lynch. He didnt have a ton of touches last year but i bet Gruden changes that and he is the obvious goaline back. As a RB 3 i think he is fine especially since i have a better flex at WR

3 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Sorry JC, not a huge fan of this one.  having Lynch and D Lewis (non-ppr) as your RB 2/3 hurts big time.  Like Fournette, but I see a guy going to get run into the ground without the o-line to compensate (unlike Dallas).  Also question his ability to hold up the entire year.   By himself I don't have an issue, but when Lynch, Lewis and Miller will will the void if he's hurt,  then it's not great for me as a collective whole.

Really like your WR in Hopkins, Baldwin and Juju though.  I'm big on Baldwin this year as I see Wilson hucking the ball to him on a regular basis playing from behind...

I'm not a fan of Luck this year, but good with Stafford at QB. Ertz is a good get in the 4th I'm assuming.

C grade as I'm not a fan at all of the RB grouping in it's entirety.  

Yea i forsee a strong possibilty in this draft to have to take a 3rd WR before getting a 2nd RB(draft spot depending) just based on value. The Jaguars OL should be much better with adding Norwell though 

2 hours ago, 101Raider said:

10 Team 0.5PPR  start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE

QB: Big Ben (11), P. Rivers (12)

RB: S. Barkley (1), D. Freeman (2), D. Guice (5), M. Ingram (6) T. Montgomery (15)

WR: M. Evans (3), J. Gordon (4), G. Tate (7), C Davis (9), R. Cobb (14)

TE: K Rudolph (8)

Def: LA Chargers (10)

K: R. Gould (16)

I'm actually really happy with this.  I picked a defense about 3 rounds earlier than I would have liked, but a bunch of teams auto drafted and I really like 5 defense this year (Chargers are my 5th).  I would have taken Big Ben and Rivers each a round earlier in a different scenario and looked at a defense in round 12 (if my 5 are available) or in round 14 and taken Ravens to stream against Buffalo week 1.

Also would've been quite content taking Guice, Ingram and Tate each a round earlier (two for Tate) than I did according to my own rankings.

Taking Big Ben along with another QB is a big part of my strategy this year.  Love playing him at his home games and playing another solid QB during his away games. 

I am down on Evans this year and even moreso in a .5ppr league. Tate should get a boost though. Love the 4 RBs because 3 of them should fill in enough before Ingram comes on and hopefully he does. Rudolph is a tier above the lesser TEs. I'm fine with the QB duo as well. My only real problem is Evans. What pick did you have? Barkley likely is in the 5-8 range

42 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I am down on Evans this year and even moreso in a .5ppr league. Tate should get a boost though. Love the 4 RBs because 3 of them should fill in enough before Ingram comes on and hopefully he does. Rudolph is a tier above the lesser TEs. I'm fine with the QB duo as well. My only real problem is Evans. What pick did you have? Barkley likely is in the 5-8 range

Pick 5.  I'll be honest, I don't love the Evans pick either.  Problem is that I didn't love anyone there in the 3rd.  Gronk and Kelce each got snagged before my pick (which honestly has been unusual).  Baldwin and Hill were there, I'm not terribly high on Hill though.  In hindsight, Baldwin likely was the better pick. 

Archived