I'm Having a Baby!! Advice?

On 5/13/2019 at 5:21 PM, MKnight82 said:

You’re preaching to the choir friend.

You're all set man. You have the essentials. I get there are other things you need eventually, but you can bring the baby home and that's most important. 

Just keep momma happy. 

• 2 weeks later...

This advice is a bit premature for a new baby/ parents.
However, I strongly advise you take a class on "Re-directing children's behavior"

Best thing we did as parents. In the early years ( 1-3) you find yourself running around all day saying:
NO ! Don't touch that
No ! don't go there
No ! Don't do that
No ! You can't have that..... Its tiring for both the parents and the kids

Kids are wired to explore their surroundings and ya gotta give them things they can do. So instead of always saying no and just leaving it at that, you gently re-direct into something they can have. If you want to take back your car keys, our first inclination is to take them away and then the kid will scream.
Instead, offer the child something else shiny and interesting and they'll drop the keys and play with what you offered.
Get out of the NO business and get into the YES world, its what they need and its what you need to survive the early years.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

This advice is a bit premature for a new baby/ parents.
However, I strongly advise you take a class on "Re-directing children's behavior"

Best thing we did as parents. In the early years ( 1-3) you find yourself running around all day saying:
NO ! Don't touch that
No ! don't go there
No ! Don't do that
No ! You can't have that..... Its tiring for both the parents and the kids

Kids are wired to explore their surroundings and ya gotta give them things they can do. So instead of always saying no and just leaving it at that, you gently re-direct into something they can have. If you want to take back your car keys, our first inclination is to take them away and then the kid will scream.
Instead, offer the child something else shiny and interesting and they'll drop the keys and play with what you offered.
Get out of the NO business and get into the YES world, its what they need and its what you need to survive the early years.

Do this don’t do that can’t you read the sign