WR Preview

Kiwibrown

WR's   

39 members have voted

1. 1. which Wr has the most impact on the offense this year?

2. 2. How do you feel about the WR group

• Excellent, top 5 in the NFL
    • Good group
    • Decent
    • below average
    • Ray Farmer would be proud
  3. 3. For spots 5 & 6 who do you want on the roster? Multichoice.

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why don’t you stay on topic sir.

I thought this was an intervention for YOU. Wait a minute...

24 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I miss @NonjudgementalTayne 

You must have the world's best memory to remember that far back, before internet.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Btw, I like these threads @Kiwibrown, even if I derail the hell out of them.

all good man. 

I don't know if it was in these threads or another, but when I scrolled past the ladies with wiggling bottoms and bouncing breasts I was at bible college. So that got my anxiety to 10/10. don't know if anyone saw but you may have derailed me into the campus perve. 

but to the bro's on the forum. 

Image result for i can't quit you gif

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Well this could be interesting.  Thoughts on Rogers, and where would he be on depth chart if we do sign him?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/21/eli-rogers-will-work-out-for-browns-and-raiders-too/

I definitely think Rogers would mean both Ricardo and Higgins are gone.

Our current receivers: Landry, Gordon, Coleman, Janis, Ratley, Louis, and Higgins. That means one is getting the axe as it is, no? So Rogers is a Haley guy, and both Hollywood/Ricardo have done little to earn a spot in two years.

EDIT: My god I forgot Calloway

18 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Well this could be interesting.  Thoughts on Rogers, and where would he be on depth chart if we do sign him?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/21/eli-rogers-will-work-out-for-browns-and-raiders-too/

kinda afraid this means that Josh Gordon thing is true....

but if it wasnt this would still make sense

Competition is John Dorsey's middle name 

JG, Landry, Coleman, Calloway, Rodgers, Jannis

I can roll with that 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

kinda afraid this means that Josh Gordon thing is true....

but if it wasnt this would still make sense

Competition is John Dorsey's middle name 

JG, Landry, Coleman, Calloway, Rodgers, Jannis

I can roll with that 

I think he would be a potential replacement for one of our short guys over Gordon. Maybe replace Coleman if they are thinking that way. Really don't see the need for Rogers unless there is an injury.

When it comes to roster building depth at a given position group, it's standard operating procedure to carry heavier numbers of player at positions where there is either injury/availability concerns, or talent concern... the WR falls into both categories as 3 WRs have those concerns (Callaway, Coleman, Gordon). In the end, I think that leads us to stack 6

Gordon, Landry, Coleman, Callaway, Janis, and Ratley will make the 53... Derrick Willies and Rashard Higgins will make the PS (Higgins might get picked up on the 53 elsewhere).

Don't be fooled by the Higgins making plays in camp talk or his big numbers game last year... he is what he is and that is a 4th or 5th WR at best on the majority of NFL rosters. He does not have the athletic ability separate, get off press, attack the ball in the air consistently at a level of substantial impact imo.

Ratley is the superior athlete, RAC artists, deep threat, and overall WR/player at this point.

Cutting Ratley to put him on PS will be a huge mistake as he will make another teams 53 as he was every other scouts favorite sleeper WR prospect in the draft with big play deep threat ability.

I loved Dez Bryant's ability when he still had juice in his legs... he's not the same player and doesn't have a clear role on this team imo.

Jeff Janis is probably the better player right now in all honesty based on projecting Janis' ability if he got real target quantity.

After taking some time to get away from the emotional component of the Josh Gordon news - I hope we don't sign Dez; unless it is a contract that is structured to be non-penal to the Browns if they need to walk away from Dez. I see four main reasons we should proceed very cautiously here; if at all.

• Maybe locker room chemistry is overrated, but maybe not. If Dez still was desirable, why haven't the other 31 teams jumped at the chance to sign him? It's not like he has been on waivers just 24 hours.
  • Dez is 30 with declining skills - not exactly career bolstering skill sets for a position that requires speed.

And now - to our internal reasons.

• Josh Gordon - it doesn't matter what any of us think relative to if he will or won't be back. Bottom line: If he is here - 'bye Dez.
  • Antonio Callaway - kid has been very impressive at camp. We may decide to trust our scouts and roll with him.

I will never be opposed to evaluating talent not currently on our roster for the opportunity to bring them in to make the Cleveland Browns better. I could see another WR making his way to 76 Lou Groza Blvd. I hope it just isn't Dez.

Archived