Training Camp 2018

Superman(DH23)

Anybody going?  Hoping to go on 26th if tickets are available, but work schedule is filling up fast.  Don't know if I will be able to.

I never could go because I was alway coaching little league.  I'm not anymore so i can, but I don't know if I want to.    

I have only been once before many years ago and it was kind of lame because there was no good viewing areas available and they were practicing > 100 feet from where anyone could stand or sit and without available high stands to see whole field.  If anyone was taller than you to your front you only got a good view of back of their head.  You needed binoculars to watch and even if you had them the angle sucked.  It was a waste of time.   

I don't want to get up early and drive all the way down there if it's going to be like that again.  

Is it better now?

Any tips if I do go?

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Anybody going?  Hoping to go on 26th if tickets are available, but work schedule is filling up fast.  Don't know if I will be able to.

I never could go because I was alway coaching little league.  I'm not anymore so i can, but I don't know if I want to.    

I have only been once before many years ago and it was kind of lame because there was no good viewing areas available and they were practicing > 100 feet from where anyone could stand or sit and without available high stands to see whole field.  If anyone was taller than you to your front you only got a good view of back of their head.  You needed binoculars to watch and even if you had them the angle sucked.  It was a waste of time.   

I don't want to get up early and drive all the way down there if it's going to be like that again.  

Is it better now?

Any tips if I do go?

I believe @G08 goes every year.  He may be good to ask.

@dll2000 I do try my best to go every season, last year was such a debacle in terms of how they handled the line that I don't know if I'm going to try this year.

That being said, something new this year is that you have to sign up online for a pass (it's free) and make sure to print it out and bring it with you to camp. I don't know if that will speed things up or not. The line to get in last year (first time it was ever this bad) was about 1.5 hours but I lucked into bull****ting with some people and they said I should stand in with their group (which was right by the front) so I barely waited 5 minutes.

Seating is metal bleachers, it does get hot if you go during a typical peak summer day. Just sit elevated and decide which side of the ball you want to focus on, if any. Personally, I'm a QB-obsessed dude so I'm always watching the starter and I like to get a look at the WRs and how they are getting in/out of breaks.

I can honestly tell you that I've never had a bad time and typing this up is making me re-think if I should try harder to go this year.

One of the videos from @DaBearsBros today featured White, Cohen, and Gabriel trips left, Howard in the backfield to the right, Shaheen split out right. Couldn't see the deep routes, but White and Shaheen both ran shallow crosses and Howard rang a swing. Mismatches and stretching the field.

Archived