Training Camp 2018

Superman(DH23)

3 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

I remember last year there was talk on here about Bosa reentering the draft. I dont think that'll happen here. But that's his option at this point or sign the contract. 

Re-enter the draft and risk another team not signing him to his terms and going through this process again and again?  I'm pretty sure he'll cave in once he starts to lose game checks.

On 8/9/2018 at 3:59 PM, G08 said:

I'm glad the Bears are sticking to their guns on this one. CCA are notorious A-holes, but that doesn't mean Roquan Smith has to be their pawn.

Looking at how he handled "signing day" in college, I'm beyond confident that he's 100% okay with this BS.

As of 8/9/18: **** Roquan Smith.

The Bears did give in to Trubisky's demands in last year's contract. The blame falls both on the Bears and the player. Some teams have given what Smith wants. The Bears ILB's got destroyed in the preseason game last night against the Bengals. They are once again weak at ILB when DT59 doesn't play. So the Bears can have another year of Timu and Jonathan Anderson.

8 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Re-enter the draft and risk another team not signing him to his terms and going through this process again and again?  I'm pretty sure he'll cave in once he starts to lose game checks.

So Ryan Pace get's to look dumb not signing a first round pick. Both sides need to give in. Not just Smith. Let's just blame the player.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Alright, be honest, who else wanted the Bears to draft his specimen last year? xD

#Raiders have waived/injured Obi Melifonwu to make room for the signing of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

— Levi Damien (@LeviDamien) August 23, 2018

He was intriguing prospect on paper.  Another of these hybrid LB/safeties that GMs love because theoretically they can match up with big TEs and do all these wonderful things, but reality is most DC's haven't figured out how to use them yet in their schemes.  They want players to fit their schemes, not adjust their schemes to the players.  Case of GMs and DC''s not being on same page.  

Peppers in Cleveland is another example.  Raiders drafted another one of these guys at safety years ago with crazy size and numbers and he busted too.  Can't remember his name.  

If they flat out waived him after one year he must have been a head case or nursing his injuries in ways they didn't care for and they are making example of him.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

He was intriguing prospect on paper.  Another of these hybrid LB/safeties that GMs love because theoretically they can match up with big TEs and do all these wonderful things, but reality is most DC's haven't figured out how to use them yet in their schemes.  They want players to fit their schemes, not adjust their schemes to the players.  Case of GMs and DC''s not being on same page.  

Peppers in Cleveland is another example.  Raiders drafted another one of these guys at safety years ago with crazy size and numbers and he busted too.  Can't remember his name.  

If they flat out waived him after one year he must have been a head case or nursing his injuries in ways they didn't care for and they are making example of him.

He’s been having a lot of lower body injuries. Hips made of glass.

40 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I know he just signed with Cleveland, but since he's a JMU alum, I just wanted to see if any of you guys knew why you cut Watford. Was he just not effective?

He was beaten out by a few guys. Pericak  was over him, Kush can back up all interior spots, Sowell can play OT and OG, then we have young guys like Morgan and Coward that are being groomed by Harry Hiestand.

So he wasn't going to start, he can't play OT, and we have two guys that are young and have potential. So it was between him and Pericak. He just lost. I think the Pace and Nagy were giving him a shot to catch on before the market gets saturated with other OG prospects being cut.

I won't say anything as strong as he was ineffective, we just have surprising talent available on the inside. I think he can prove to be a solid reserve guy for you, but if he starts more than a few games I wouldn't be excited.

Archived