Aquaman (December 2018)

Acgott

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

All the BA sea creatures out there and they choose to put a gagillian sharks and dolphins with a couple sting rays sprinkled in there and......a turtle? That’s just lazy...and bad.

And the Orcas look like some PC startup graphics. 

Aquaman seems like the most difficult character to make  "cool." I think they did a good job given how potentially disasterous he could have been though. I didn't like any of the new DC stuff other than Man of Steel and Wonder Woman. There's just too much going on visually in these movies and not nearly enough substance in the plot/character development. I know it's a superhero movie, but most of these visual effects just don't seem "real" to me the way they do in the Avengers movies and even more so, the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Aquaman has the potential to be cool, but a lot of the costumes are going to look corny as hell. There is no way to make "fish people" look intimidating and bad@ss. But I'm willing to give this movie a chance. I'll wait on the reviews, but there's a chance I go see it in theaters. I'll almost assuredly be renting it in time.

15 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Terrifyingly bad CGI.

No chance it looks like that in the movie....is there?

Looks like a 3D render by an amateur graphic designer.  

Although after some of the CG we saw in Justice League, I fear it could actually look that bad in the film.

I am predicting that this is one of the worst superhero movies ever made. Momoa is a horrendous actor if the role requires him to speak. I think its going to be laughably bad but the thing is, everyone sorta knew that from the get-go. I am talking sub 20% RT bad (If RT was unbiased, its seriously being corrupted by kickbacks to give good reviews for big films IMHO).

I hope its so bad that its 'funny bad', falling into that no-mans-land of just bad-bad is the worst case scenario, see Batman v Superman.

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I am predicting that this is one of the worst superhero movies ever made. Momoa is a horrendous actor if the role requires him to speak. I think its going to be laughably bad but the thing is, everyone sorta knew that from the get-go. I am talking sub 20% RT bad (If RT was unbiased, its seriously being corrupted by kickbacks to give good reviews for big films IMHO).

I hope its so bad that its 'funny bad', falling into that no-mans-land of just bad-bad is the worst case scenario, see Batman v Superman.

RT hasn't been unbiased in a long time. See: Black Panther, The Last Jedi.

Archived