Aquaman (December 2018)

Acgott

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

This takes place after Justice League?

It doesn't matter.  DC movies are no longer connected.  They're just throwing a bunch of **** at the wall and hoping something sticks.  They have no aim, no direction, nothing.  DC is a free for all of poorly conceived ideas and bad CGI. 

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It doesn't matter.  DC movies are no longer connected.  They're just throwing a bunch of **** at the wall and hoping something sticks.  They have no aim, no direction, nothing.  DC is a free for all of poorly conceived ideas and bad CGI. 

Why you change your screenname?   You should be banned for causing confusion.

Seriously though, I have no idea what they are thinking.      You would think after some of the backlash they got from their other movies they would be trying to come up with a better strategy, but it seems as if they just keep going down the same path.    They are still planning all of these movies that they shouldnt even be thinking about until they fix the main DC universe.....but as you said, now, they dont even really seem to care about creating a cohesive narrative.    

It honestly seems like they are going out of their way to be as different from Marvel as they possibly can....

Marvel =   Fun and largely lighthearted
DC =  Dark and gritty

Marvel =   Slow building, cohesive narrative and relationships built up over the course of numerous movies
DC =   Rushed narratives that are hard to follow while cramming as much into each movie as possible

Marvel =  Secondary and lesser known characters and comic series introduced after building a rock solid foundation and gaining trust.
DC =  Secondary and lesser known characters getting their own movies when they cant even get people to care about their most popular ones.

Marvel =  Ummm.....good.
DC =   Mediocre at best

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Whoa...calm down bro! Movie hasn't come out yet.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Looks better than I expected, but I seriously doubt it's good enough to restore much faith in the DC Cinematic Universe.

This is my take away for the most part. It didnt do its job and make me want to see the film any more than prior to viewing, but it didnt make me want to see it any less either.

45 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This is my take away for the most part. It didnt do its job and make me want to see the film any more than prior to viewing, but it didnt make me want to see it any less either.

I feel like Aquaman's turnout is really going to come down to reviews and word of mouth. Same way Wonder Woman did successfully and Justice League did poorly. You'll have a core group that'll see it regardless, but for everyone who either feels spurned by the DCEU or disinterested in it, there's many that I think will see it only if they hear it's great. I don't think anything they can do trailer wise will win people over.

I dunno.  Mera and Black Mantis look laughable and what’s with this urge to give Aquaman so many cheesy one-liners?  Honestly, this makes me hope Marvel uses Namor and we get the arrogant Atlantean king who wants to take over the surface world.  Not Schwarzenegger with tats and glam rock hair. ;)

Archived