Aquaman (December 2018)

Acgott

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Looks better than I expected, but I seriously doubt it's good enough to restore much faith in the DC Cinematic Universe.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

This is my take away for the most part. It didnt do its job and make me want to see the film any more than prior to viewing, but it didnt make me want to see it any less either.

DC needs a few small wins. Hopefully this and Shazam can get the ball rolling

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

This is my take away for the most part. It didnt do its job and make me want to see the film any more than prior to viewing, but it didnt make me want to see it any less either.

I want to see it more after the trailer... But that's because after Justice League, and some of the other announcements they've made about upcoming movies, I had all but given up on the DC Universe. Still not too optimistic, but at least Aquaman and Shazam look to be entertaining... Although I've been fooled by trailers before.

Uh... That looked absolutely terrible.  Don't know where people see the optimism.  CGI was 2012 levels.  Costumes were goofy AF, and it just doesn't look good. 

Aquaman shouldn't be 50% angry and brooding, 50% surfer happy go lucky attitude.

That just doesn't mix.  It doesn't make sense. 

When I'm 40 there might be a solid attempt at a DC Universe that'll take about three more years to get to Aquaman.  Bummer. 

14 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I dunno.  Mera and Black Mantis look laughable and what’s with this urge to give Aquaman so many cheesy one-liners?  Honestly, this makes me hope Marvel uses Namor and we get the arrogant Atlantean king who wants to take over the surface world.  Not Schwarzenegger with tats and glam rock hair. ;)

Yeah, I'm not a fan of his personality and haven't been since the marketing for Justice League. Hopefully he develops into the badass from the Justice League cartoon after he becomes king.

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of his personality and haven't been since the marketing for Justice League. Hopefully he develops into the badass from the Justice League cartoon after he becomes king.

He needs his hook arm.

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Early critic reactions are very solid. No reviews, but social media embargo is up from the screening early this month.

Consensus is it reminds people of an 80s action/adventure movie in all of the good ways.

I dont want to get my hopes up but im getting giddy.

Hopefully Flashpoint to reboot the crappy parts of the universe and Shazam will turn out ok

Archived